carboy cork fell through :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklebel

Reaction score
So my beer has been fermenting at my buddies place and he called me today to tell me the cork to the carboy got pushed through. I went of to take a look at it and the airlock is still attached but the cork is in the carboy. If i were to pull the airlock out i would assume the cork would fall into the beer. Now what the hell am I suppose to do to get the cork out? :mad:

lol, had this happen a few days ago. what i did was siphon into my primary played around with the stopper till it was at the mouth, skinny side pointing towards the mouth. Then I used a small pick to dig it out. Its best if the pick is angled, should be able to get some cheap from wally world

Just leave it for now. As long as you sanitized the cork then don't worry about it! If you want go get another one and take the airlock out of the "falling" one, and replace the airlock to the proper position. I has happened to me an didn't hurt a thing. Relax and Have a Home Brew!

Oh..... forgot to say that if you used the stopper with the hole in the center, then just wait till you transfer out of the carboy and then use a hanger to get it out. The easiest way is to orient the carboy upside down and let the stopper fall into the opening ( hopefully with the smaller(or bottom) of the stopper facing down. Then take metal coat hanger or something and push it thru the hole and pull it out. Hope that helps!

Back