brew two beers simultaneously?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I did it yesterday and it really wasn't that difficult. I made a barleywine then ran 6 gallons of water back through the grains and made a partigyle. Boiled the barleywine outside and the partigyle on the stove. other than timing ( which luckily worked near perfect since the barleywine was a 2 hour boil and the partigyle was a 1 hour) no issues at all. I used the free hops I got on the partigyle just to see what they taste like and washed notty as the yeast so I got 5 gallons of FREE BEER!!! I was lucky it was nice out yesterday so I set the burner on the front porch and you can see right to the kitchen stove from there. Just kept running back and forth between the two. I did have one issue that maybe someone could explain... I stayed ith the barleywine until I ot a good hot break nd everything foamed back down... stirring and keeping it from boiling over. ...... twenty minutes into the boil ( no hops additions or anything yet) it boiled over a little.

Hmmm. Sounds like maybe the heat increased. Sometimes I have my burner set perfectly during the boil and the wind dies down or something and the heat increases and causes a slight boil over.

Back