Kegging/tap questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprecated

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small wet bar with a 17" deep countertop. At the end that it butts into the wall, I'd like to put 3 or 4 taps in the wall.

I'm guessing with bad math:

3 taps = approx 5.5" apart on center and 2.75" from outside taps to edge of countertop.

4 taps = approx 4.25" apart on center and just over 2" from outside taps to edge of countertop.

Would 4 taps be too crowded?

I guess more importantly, with a cooling line bundled/insulated with beer lines, is 8 feet too far of a run from freezer to tap?

photo.jpg

Thanks for the link and the comment. Wife and I worked quite a bit on "tv room" and look forward to getting the taps in. A bit close to the tv, but I think it will work out fine.

Anyone have an opinion about the run from freezer to tap being 8 feet? If it is problematic then I can go with a stand alone keezer build, but I'd rather go with the wet bar.

when you drill in there find a way to check for electrical lines. it is important you dont hit the wires and i personally wouldnt want anything carrying liquid over electrical wires just in case. otherwise it looks like a mighty nice spot for taps

Dude - love the avatar - Go Card's!

Anyway, I am just a beginner with the whole taper thing myself, but I know that even the short run up from my kegerator to the tap tower required me to force cold air up to the faucets. I can't imagine an 8' run without chiller lines - or have I misunderstood what you are asking.

-Brad

I wouldn't say that that room was built around watching the Cards (*cough* and the Chiefs) and enjoying barley soda, but it's close.

My question is whether or not an 8 foot run is too far even with a chiller line.

My question is whether or not an 8 foot run is too far even with a chiller line.

Ok, do you have the keezer on the other side of the wall and you're going to run an 8' line from the keezer to the shanks? I know that myself and a lot of others use 10' lines that are inside of my kegerator without a problem at all. 8' is not too long, but the cooling is kind of something that I'm not too familiar with.

Did that help, or am I not understanding what you're saying?

Guess I should clarify - I thought you were running 8' of line outside your keezer. If all of that line is inside the keez, you should be good to go.

Guess I should clarify - I thought you were running 8' of line outside your keezer. If all of that line is inside the keez, you should be good to go.

Absolutely, but I'm not sure that he is. I suppose that if he made a collar facing the wall (on the other side of the wall), this would be absolutely possible due to the fact that there would only be a foot or two outside of the keezer. I just don't exactly know where his keezer is and if there is eight foot of line outside of the keezer or not.

It would be 8' outside of the cooler. From what I've read recently (if understanding it correctly) this shouldn't be a problem with a cooling line.

It would be 8' outside of the cooler. From what I've read recently (if understanding it correctly) this shouldn't be a problem with a cooling line.

I don't see why it would considering there would only be a foot or so inside of the keezer I'm guessing.

Good luck on the project,
J

Back