Oxyclean creating off flavors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBrew75

Reaction score
I have aquired many of my bottles from a recycling center and soaked them in oxyclean overnight, brushed, rinsed, and sanitized with one-step before use. My first and only batch that I've tried so far with those bottles tastes oxidized. When I sampled during bottling, I did not notice this off flavor. But three weeks later, it shows up. Can oxyclean or one-step create this flavor?

Oxyclean's never done that to my beer. Can't imagine how it could if you rinsed it. Other than the Oxyclean for the bottles, did you change your process in any way?

I have aquired many of my bottles from a recycling center and soaked them in oxyclean overnight, brushed, rinsed, and sanitized with one-step before use. My first and only batch that I've tried so far with those bottles tastes oxidized. When I sampled during bottling, I did not notice this off flavor. But three weeks later, it shows up. Can oxyclean or one-step create this flavor?

No

(ten digits)

Back