Anyone ever done an antique/aged wood keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

Reaction score
I was looking through the massive thread on keezers, but didnt notice any older/aged type of keezers. I recently purchased an antique bar, which has a pretty cool story (its from an underground speakeasy during the prohibition era; all black bar; only open on Sundays; from Paducah, Kentucky).

Id like to keep the same style with the keezer and use aged wood, or new wood that I can age myself. Anyone have any experience? The bar is attached.

2012-02-18_18-40-29_186.jpg

Old barn siding or old fence boards with a light sand and a clear coat over it would look sweet. Im going to be building a Real Ale box that will house my polypin and hand pump and thats the direction Im gonna go in. Or if I can find those old wooden crates that were used for milk or produce, which you could use as your tower. Swap meets and antique stores will be your friend. Good luck and please post pictures. Love the bar by the way

Yea, ill be checking out some antique stores this weekend to see what I can find. Im worried about not finding enough wood to do the whole thing though. So it might have to be new wood, just beaten and aged.

I like the idea of the box for the coffin, but I don't know if im good enough to pull off the coffin style though.

Appreciate it.

Crappy cell phone picture, but here's my keezer minus the 4th tap and tile. In the process of tiling it now. This wood is from an old corn crib and the tin was from the roof. I'm far from a wood worker, but it was a really fun project.

image-1227118682.jpg

Latest posts

Back