My brew day is complete

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
Now i know why its called a brew day. I started my all grain today at 915 this morning and i have officially pitched my yeast at 530 this evening. Wow what a day. I must say it was enjoyable, tho the best part was taking a break to enjoy a few cold ones while i cleaned up and chilled the wort. I have to say the one big difference i noticed is the clarity of the brew. i have never used whirlfloc before, it wasnt around when i first started brewing back when papp was the king of brewing lol. This stuff is amazing. The other differences is the over all taste of the wort, its much cleaner tasting less muddled and cidery. I cant wait to try this when it done

Wow an eight hour brew day is epic. I got my AG process down to 4.5 hours. The more you do AG the better you get at nailing down your process. Congrads on the day! Be patient and enjoy the fruits of your labor in a month or so.

Cheers

Yup, you'll get quicker with time. I can be done cleaning up in less than 4 hours if I pay close attention, less for low-gravity beers, and can do 4.5 with my eyes closed. Typically though, I watch some cat videos, talk to my wife, drink a lot of beer, and generally take it easy. If I'm not decocting, super-chill brew day is ~5hours, more depending on how many cat videos I watch and beers I drink.

Cooling the wart took a good chunk of the time. It was 95 outside today and my poor wort chiller just wasn't up to the task. After about 2 hrs it was only down to 115 so i transferred it to my carboy and buried it in a sink of ice water and managed to get it down to 65. anyone know a fast way to chill this faster. you guys are fast it took me 3hrs just to mash and boil lol

I know that feeling. Ground water here is around 75F, and it's not even hot outside yet (80, usually). I'm definitely going to have to start buying ice and chilling in my muckbucket.

Back