Flat at 2 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jermanimal

Reaction score
I have a Scottish-ish 60/- that has very low carbonation at 2 weeks in bottles.

I did a 2.5 gallon batch, went to 25 bottles on bottling day and primed with 2 oz of corn sugar.

I did a 4 day primary and 14 day secondary.

I have not had much of an issue before with 4 oz per 5 gallon rate of priming.

The beer tastes amazing, but pretty flat...now i would drink it all day, but my friends are going to ***** about flat beer.

It has been setting in dark at about 68 degrees. I would normally just take to the cellar at this point (which is 55 degrees right now). Should I leave at 68 degrees and check in another week? or is it just going to be flat for good?

Anyone else have a 3 week wait to have good carbonation?

-Jeremy

I have a Scottish-ish 60/- that has very low carbonation at 2 weeks in bottles.

I did a 2.5 gallon batch, went to 25 bottles on bottling day and primed with 2 oz of corn sugar.

I did a 4 day primary and 14 day secondary.

I have not had much of an issue before with 4 oz per 5 gallon rate of priming.

The beer tastes amazing, but pretty flat...now i would drink it all day, but my friends are going to ***** about flat beer.

It has been setting in dark at about 68 degrees. I would normally just take to the cellar at this point (which is 55 degrees right now). Should I leave at 68 degrees and check in another week? or is it just going to be flat for good?

Anyone else have a 3 week wait to have good carbonation?

-Jeremy

Nomally i use 3/4 cup of sugar or 5 oz.for five gallons.Could it be problem with your caps/capper?

Give it another 2 weels and check another botle. I have had beers take 4-8 weeks to carb up correctly. Keep it at the 68 degrees until you are happy with the carb level!

Back