Will this regulator work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathbone

Reaction score
I'm putting together my kegerator, and came across this regulator on ebay. I will be running 2 kegs of one tank, and would like to run different pressures on the kegs, for carbing as well as having different pressures depending on the beer.

clicky here

It doesn't have any shutoffs, is that something I can pick up at the hardware store and add on?

Looks good. Pick up a couple of valves with built in checkvalves and you are good to go.

Get them at Northernbrewer or Austin Homebrew Supply.

shut-off-valves.jpg

Looks to be OK. Besides adding some shutoff/check valves to it, I would also replace the two low pressure gauges. The range on the first one is 0-160 psi and the second one is 0-100 psi. Neither of those are very good for dialing in accurate pressures under 20 psi. 0-30 psi gauges are much better suited for our needs.

So would I just be better off getting THIS instead? I know the gauges are still 0-60, but I think I would need gauges a little higher for force carbing, etc.

That looks like a pretty nice piece, at a decent price for a double primary regulator. Those 0-60 psi gauges will be fine and it comes with 1/4" flare shutoff/check valves already installed. I say go for it.

FWIW, I have a primary regulator (Micromatic Premium) that has a 0-60 lowside gauge, which is perfect for reading higher carb'd beverages, like soda. The primary is split with a Y. One side goes to my root beer keg and the other side feeds the inlet of my dual secondary regulator. The secondary reg has the 0-30 psi gauges for fine control of lower carb'd beverages.

I like the Micromatic Premium regulators because you can adjust the output pressure by hand without the use of a screw driver.

DSC02172-1.jpg

Back