Seriously can not get the lid off the bucket-please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We at Austin Homebrew Supply suggest the standard bucket opener to remove a lid from our buckets.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=12791

Also we find it easier to put the bucket lid on with a rubber mallet.
If anyone is having a problem with any of our products like the 7.9 bucket and/or lid please contact us. Our lids and buckets should work together with the tool without damaging the lid. other posters are correct in saying that the lid will be easier to remove after it has been used a couple times. However at no time should it be extremely difficult to remove while using the tool.
Once again if there are ever any problems with our products such as lids please contact us and we will get it resolved for you.

Thank you and happy brewing.

It was the 7.9 gallon bucket I purchased from you folks. How did you know? I have ordered the tool and waiting for it to come in the mail. I used the pestle from my mortar and pestle set to get the lid on, but see how a rubber mallet would be better. Thanks!!!!!

I ordered the opener when I got my AHBS bucket.

I think the Austin bucket is a step up from most. The extra volume more than makes up for the tricky lid!

I'm actually just glad to hear it wasn't just me. I am normally quite capable of everyday tasks, but I swear that lid gave me a hard time. I ordered 2 because I liked the idea of having the extra room in there. Just never thought that a bucket lid would give me so much trouble. Now looking at comments on the AHBS website, I should have ordered the tool to go with them in the first place. Live and learn. :smack:

Latest posts

Back