Mounting a regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssinclair

Reaction score
If you just want to mount the Primary regulator on the wall...you need a High Pressure hose like the one in your Keg Connection link. The IMPORTANT thing to know IS >>> Are you screwing it into a Regulator body that has LEFT hand threads or RIGHT hand threads. IMI Cornelius, for example, uses LEFT hand threads for the HIGH SIDE of their PRIMARY regulators. They use RIGHT hand threads for the LOW SIDE of all their regulators as well as the HIGH SIDE of SECONDARY regulators.

The other option you have is to KEEP the PRIMARY regulator you have...and add secondary regulators on the wall.

(Disregard the disconnect on the right...it's my N2/CO2 connector for Guinness. The CO2 from the Primary regulator enters the twin secondaries on the right hand side... That pressure is available straight through to the other side. Then the secondary pressures come out the bottom of the respective regulator)

If you elect to use secondary regulators...you don't need a high $$ High Pressure hose...you can connect the PRIMARY to the SECONDARIES with regular gas tubing. In my setup...I can set three different pressures. The highest is set on my PRIMARY regulator. It is output on the LEFT side of the REGULATOR BANK> Then each secondary can be set to anything lower > And I've added a manifold to get multiples of the 12psi that I use the most of.

I'm not real fond of the HIGH PRESSURE HOSE idea...but that's just a personal preference.

And for future reference...save yourself a TON of heartache and stay away from KEGKITS. I personally had to go through my credit card company to get the money back from an order that I received after weeks and weeks... that had been shorted items big time. Many folks report having never getting their merchandise, and never getting a response by phone or email. The guy leaves a huge black-eye on the entire Internet Shopping world.

Latest posts

Back