First post first brew today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6midgets

Big & Tall Brewing
Reaction score
this is my first post on homebrewtalk. I am new to brewing, i brewed my first batch of beer today. It was awesome i love the whole process. I made a Blonde ale from midwest. It took me about three and a half hours for the total process. I love beer and i love making beer can't wait to do it again

Welcome to the addiction.

I am new and have brewed three batches already..... and still have not had my first home brew yet. They need more time in the bottle to carb up.

The waiting is the hardest part.....

But I am getting a good pipeline going.

You won't believe how fast your collection of equipment and size of your homebrew setup will grow. I started with a plastic fermenter and a 3 gallon stockpot. Within a year I was doing full boils in a 7.5 gallon kettle and had 3 fermenters going at a time! The next year brought my first kegging system which has grown to a two beer tap system.

I hope your significant other is a very patient person who likes beer.

my situation:
Primary: Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout, Rye IPA
Secondary: Drunky Monkey Banana Beer
Kegged: Dry Cider, Your Mother's Teet Milk Stout

Welcome and well said midgets! I too was recently bitten by the bug. The whole process is very exciting and a real test of patience. I have my first batch bottled and a second just quieted down in primary fermentation. It's gonna sit there and condition for a few weeks. I don't have the equipment to start another but the planning is well underway. Enjoy!

Welcome and well said midgets! I too was recently bitten by the bug. The whole process is very exciting and a real test of patience. I have my first batch bottled and a second just quieted down in primary fermentation. It's gonna sit there and condition for a few weeks. I don't have the equipment to start another but the planning is well underway. Enjoy!

I've done 2 now as well, and am still waiting for the first one to be ready.
I cheated and have opened bottles every few days to see how the taste will change over time as the beer conditions.

I think I might do a wheat beer next time, people seem to like those and I'm a fan of easy drinking paler coloured beers. I think I will do an American wheat beer though, because the brewstore in my area only has regular dry yeast in stock, and I don't want to have to special order anything special.

Anyways, I agree totally. Making beer is awesome! I'm glad I decided to give it a whirl, I just wish i started 3 weeks earlier and had a homebrew in my hand right now!

Back