Need help on gas system, PID and temperature probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothpicvic

Reaction score
Firts I want to apologize for my poor English. I'm a french canadien and I suffer from a lack of vocabulary. I'll do my best !

My friends and I are buidling a HERMS. We got inspire by Black Heart Brewery system but found out that it is way to complicated for us to build. So we kept the flow chart but we won't be using automated valves and brewtroller system.

Here some questions :

We are working with propane gas and want a PID to control the HLT and the Kittle. Our burners are Banjo 210 000 BTU. What kind of PID we need? What pilot should we use? We wonder if our gas tank will freeze?

Is anyone can give us advices. I know that there's a a thread Gas and temperature control for dummies. But on the top of being dummies, I don't understand very well English... Anyone, help !?

I've been reading the thead Gas and temperature control for dummies and I'm kinda lost. I need someone to confirm the list of equipment that I want to buy. I'll be runing on propane gas.

Honeywell Y8610U4001 Universal Retrofit Kit or 6006 ?
Q345A1313 Pilot Burner/Sensor Assembly

10" Temperature Sensor DS18B20
10" Stainless Steel Temperature Probe End
1/4" Compression X 1/2" MNPT Bored Through fitting

1/4 DIN PID Temperature Controller

Do I miss someting ? How do I set my PID (http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=102) - Relay contactor - Ramp/soak - SSR Control - SSR Control/RampSoak ?

Also, I wonder if my low burner ar too strong (210000BTU) and will freeze my tank ? How I can avoid that ?

Tks so much for your time !

Back