What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-135924113.jpg

Was going to stop at the bigfoot but had to test another of my fresh bottled Red ipa's. Aroma is toasted /vanilla -coconut-WTF??? - I did dry hop but still where did that come from?! Absolutley delicous and unique,its a good beer when youve never even had or made one like it and its great as well!

I have a problem though: I have too good of head retention/lacing than most commercial craft brews. I dont know what it is but seem rare to me to have it from craft beer. I admit I can lack the clarity as commercial beers but never retention/head and lacing. Maybe making those starters/liquid yeast are paying off.

xMalachi said:
Must.. Resist... Clearing the store out. I'm digging this. Time for an episode of Shameless!

Hard to beat for the money. Don't make the mistake of trying to grow up or pitch the dregs, it's pasteurized.

Liked the Hopadillo more, but this beer is pretty great. Good hop punch but getting a lot of malts in there. Not as bitter as I would expect. Seems like this brewery can kick out some good beer!

ForumRunner_20130331_221917.png

Swarley88 said:
Liked the Hopadillo more, but this beer is pretty great. Good hop punch but getting a lot of malts in there. Not as bitter as I would expect. Seems like this brewery can kick out some good beer!

It's not as bitter and overly hopped you would of expected for a double IPA, but still quite good. I'm generally not a fan of canned beer because of the flavor you get from the can, but Karbach puts out some great canned beers.

image-1053947243.jpg

Though I posted earlier when I was given it I never got to pop it open till I sat down to watch the Walking Dead.

20130331_192140_Hagrid.jpg

Current.

This one is just okay.

Next up is the tripel which I've had before warming up in the background. Going to split that one, BIL hasn't tried any of them.

It's not as bitter and overly hopped you would of expected for a double IPA, but still quite good. I'm generally not a fan of canned beer because of the flavor you get from the can, but Karbach puts out some great canned beers.

Yes it is very good. Canned beers can be really damn good if they are fresh. A lot of breweries have been switching to them I notice. Still put my brews in a bottle so I don't care :)

Rum and coke since I could use something a little stronger after finding water in my basement...epidimy of suck age!!!

Swarley88 said:

Karbach is my favorite brewery in Houston. They make some pretty good beer. Rodeo Clown is good from the can, but much better on tap. I like it on tap better than Hopadillo on tap, but I like the canned Hopadillo better than the canned Rodeo Clown.

Despite all reviews I read of this saying it didn't even come close to the hype I had to try it anyway. Unfortunately the reviews were accurate. Now, to be fair, it's a good IPA, it's just nothing special. Not much in the way of aroma, but what's there is slightly fruity and a little dank. The hop flavor is kind of muddled, but it's prominent and if you're not looking for anything in particular it's pleasant. The bitterness is good, not too harsh and is the strongest portion of the hop character. Overall, it's good but at $14 for a bomber it's simply not worth it.

That is exactly what I thought - not a bad beer but definitely not worth the price (or hype.) Just left me wanting a little more...

nukebrewer said:
Despite all reviews I read of this saying it didn't even come close to the hype I had to try it anyway. Unfortunately the reviews were accurate. Now, to be fair, it's a good IPA, it's just nothing special. Not much in the way of aroma, but what's there is slightly fruity and a little dank. The hop flavor is kind of muddled, but it's prominent and if you're not looking for anything in particular it's pleasant. The bitterness is good, not too harsh and is the strongest portion of the hop character. Overall, it's good but at $14 for a bomber it's simply not worth it.

I thought it was absolutely terrible and I love DFH. You should read the review I wrote on it in My Craft Beer Hit List. Faint to no hop character and it had this weird Belgian yeast profile to it. I make more hop forward APAs than that beer.

DisturbdChemist said:
No pictures but I had a good Easter. With homebrew, good beer, 4 wheeling, Crawfish and BBQ. That's how you do a good southern Easter right there..

That's how you do a good southern any day.
;)

Water. I'm going to Biergarten in Jenks shortly to shop for some beers I haven't tried yet. I may have to sleep on the couch tonight, because I'm probably gonna spend too much...

Havent seen any of those anyware in the QC area yet,you go to the brewery in IA city? Its pretty nice with good pizza as well.Was wondering when bottles were coming out when I visited months ago-I seen their bottleing line,it looked like bombers though. I like their jacknife.

I haven't been to the brewery, nor had I heard of it.

My uncle brought some back from Iowa City. He had that and their Hefe.

Slowly brining the family around to craft beer :ban:

20130401_152802_Hagrid_Anne.jpg

Last one, sad to see this one go.

At 55 degrees this is delicious, the nose is overpowered with alcohol, typical to the Belgian strong style the head is there albeit thin and lasting. Mouthfeel is smooth with a slight co2 bite that dissipates some as it warms up. The yeast characteristic is wonderful with this one nutty smooth and the epitome of the style. I've had this beer before but this particular one is roughly a year and a half old and I can say that it is more wonderful as time goes on. As you can see the color is dark murky brown, the head is cream and thin.

I did harvest the yeast from the other 3 bernadus beers but I think I will retire these fellas poor things had to make this big 10% they deserve a break.

Back