What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kennebunkport IPA, also from Trader Joe's.

Not bad, particularly following a Ruination.

Trader Joe's vienna lager...a great buy at 5.95 a sixer...It's really Gordon Biersch beer. Very malty and kind of bready. Nice.

Great...you just reminded me I have several of those plus a few TJ Bocks out in the garage fridge.

Here we druck again...:drunk:

Kicking off my weekend with a pint of Twisted Oak.

Firm bitterness with a hint of caramely sweetness. Pleasant floral notes from the EKG dry-hop with characteristic English yeast fruitiness.
:mug:

After work I started with a pint of my Maris Otter/Challenger SMaSH, which is mellowing out nicely, and now I'm on to a pint of Hobgoblin. I mashed it at 156 for 90 minutes as called for in the recipe but it ended up a bit too sweet at 1.018. Oh well, it's still good, even though you can really only drink about 1 or 2 before the sweetness becomes overpowering.

Had a clipper city loose cannon hop^3 ale. This confirms the fact I do not like Simcoe.

Then a Flying Dog Tripel. Meh. A little spicy, but a little astringent.

Moved on to a Clay Pipe Hop-ocalypse. Again, meh. Website says American, English and German hops. My guess is they added them all right at the beginning of the boil. This is the most bitter "50 IBU" beer I ever had. No hop flavor or aroma to speak of. Toasty malty and bitter.

Tonight I'm drinking the second batch I made of Jamil's 70/-
I accidently mashed the first batch way too low and somehow managed to undercarb it also, tasted like brown water. So I gave it another shot, glad I did, this is one is a tasty low alcohol beer.

Just finished a bottle of Phillip's Amnesiac IPA and a bottle of Phillip's Chocolate Porter.
I'm now in to the scotch, Laphroaig.

Had a nice Dinner with the Mrs. with a Stone Barleywine and a Delerium Tremens. Right now I am drinking a DT clone with no carb and sweet corn sugar taste. Damn 3 weeks in the cold basement wasted. Must warm them up tomorrow.

Lemon Ginger Beer. Very refreshing taste similar to Mikes Hard Lemonade. Yes, I know my husband says its such a girl drink, but I like it anyway.

Ok let's see. Its been a long night. Started with a 10% Tripel (my own) Moved to Chianti for dinner, some Apfelwein with dessert #1, some 45 year old Port with Stilton for dessert number 2, a 1967 vintage VSOP Cognac, a ~ '60s Camus VSOP. And then to round it all out I finished a wounded soldier of Apfelwein which turned out to be about 10 oz.

Tonight was fun.

Helles Belles...1 pint with dinner.
Captain Hooked on Bitters...3 pints.
Ugly Kettle Pale Ale...2 pints.
Outer Limits IPA...just poured my first pint...

The night is still young. :drunk:

Mendocino Brewing Company

Eye of the Hawk (8%)
From Mendocinio brewing:
excellent, strong, rich bodied ale that is "Bottle Conditioned" to perfection. "Eye" is coppery reddish-amber in color and its unique taste is the result of a judicious mix of caramel and pale malted barley, balanced with Cluster, Cascade and Saaz hops. This gives the Eye its luxurious flavor, substantial mouth-feel and that slightly dry finish. Eye of the Hawk has garnered a cult following that is enviable.

Black Hawk Stout
Black Hawk Stout retains the big traditional flavors of an Irish-style stout and yet offers a refreshing dry crispness that is rare in many dark beers. "Bottle Conditioned" Black Hawk Stout is replete with a rich, roasted malt flavor that makes this not-so-heavy stout, creamy and ever so smooth. It has a subtlety that surprises and converts even the most reticent stout drinker.

$7.49 a six – worth a try, thought it was pretty good.

Southern Tier Oak Aged Uneartly IIPA... pretty much the best beer I have had in awhile. It makes me want to go buy an oak barrel or at least some chips.

photo.jpg

Back