Growler to Bottle or Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haputanlas

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a gallon keg from Karl Strauss' brewery. However, I never fully finished the beer in between sessions and I have about a quarter gallon of the beer left. Unfortunately, it is extremely flat now.

I was wondering if I could take the rest and put some priming sugar into a bottle and recarb it?

Also, could something like this theoretically be force carbed with CO2 to extend the life?

Not really sure if I would actually do this, just curious about whether this is feasible or not.

Is it a heineken (type) keg? I dont think I have seen many 1 gal kegs.

I would say force carbing with c02 is an option, but most likely your beer has been oxidized (if it has been exposed to air). Trying to prime it with sugar most likely will not work - the beer has probably been filtered so that no yeast is in suspension.

But hey, if you really want to savor the last little bits - give it a shot, cant hurt.

Latest posts

Back