10lb vs 5lb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe028

Reaction score
I have seen in this forum that most people say use the 5lb co2 tank in the sanyo 4912. But I do believe I saw several posts of people saying they got away with a 10lb tank fitting inside the fridge. After checking prices of tanks and refills at a local shop I definitely want to see if I can fit the 10lb tank inside, along with 2 corny kegs.

I'm just looking for a little verification from those that use the 10lb inside the fridge that it works. I would rather not purchase and find out later that it won't fit.

why not just put the tank outside the fridge? I couldn't justify using up perfectly good cold space that could be filled with BEER with my co2 tank...

its not a matter of more or less beer, only 2 kegs will fit in the fridge anyways. I just want to make sure that a 10lb co2 tank will fit, along with the 2 cornies.

edit: after re-reading your post, maybe you meant cold space for bottled beer. Thats not an issue as I have another fridge, plus its an aesthetics thing for me to keep the tank inside.

I have my 5# sitting on the back ledge. The 2 cornies hold it in place and there is no more room.

With the tank outside you have to feed an air hose through the drain hole in the back and split it inside.

With that said, I also kept my door shelves in so I can use them to hold (cold) pint glasses (if that's what they want). :D

tanks aren't all the same size - so there is no hard and fast rule. I'd give it a shot and if it doesn't fit - move it outside. You're probably better off that way anyway

I use a ten pound tank inside my 4912, it has to tilt sideways a little to fit, but a couple of bungees and the cornys hold it in just fine.

Back