Sanyo Frigidaire or Danby for conversion? What kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qposner

Reaction score
OK, so I decided on a min-fridge conversion and to go with cornys instead of a keezer (tight space and WAF). The question now is, Sanyo SR-4912M (they DO have it at Fry's afterall) for $249; Frigidaire FRC4456B for $179 at Lowes; or Danby DAR440BL at Walmart for $183.

Sounds like the Sanyo is the best of the bunch, but is $70-$80 more. The Frigidaire is cheaperst but has coolant lines 1.5 in apart in the top. Finally, the Danby appears to only have wires going across the top and I do not know how easy they are to avoid.

Anyhow, I want a two tap tower conversion. Any suggestions on the right fridge, keeping in mind reliability and ease of conversion, price third. Recommendations on affordable conversion kits are appreicated as well.

Thanks for all of the info on my earlier posts. This is a great forum with lots of people willing to lend a hand. Thanks!!!

I have the fridgidaire Literally took me 5 minutes to get it ready to fit cornies and co2 with the picnic taps. Adding a tower will be some more effort but doable.

Latest posts

Back