home brew contest. would you participate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choadne

Reaction score
http://www.gcfb.net/mugclub/news_homebrewcontest.html

a friend just showed this to me. i'm fairly new to brewing and never done a competition. i was wondering if it is normal to release your recipe in a contest like this. They say the best of show winner gets their beer brewed and featured as a summer seasonal. you don't get any sort of slice of the money they make off of it. it just seems like a way for them to get a new beer.

i don't know.

The local brew pub does this a couple of times a year too. Also with no apparent prize but bragging rights. I don't enter as all I could get is a few less bottles of beer.

that's what i'm saying. plus i would have to pay to enter.

i compared it, to him, like a record label having a song writing contest and taking the best song and recording it and not giving the original writer any royalties. he's a musician.

i'm sure bragging rights would be cool, but money talks. i could use some money for better equipment and such.

that's what i'm saying. plus i would have to pay to enter.

i compared it, to him, like a record label having a song writing contest and taking the best song and recording it and not giving the original writer any royalties. he's a musician.

i'm sure bragging rights would be cool, but money talks. i could use some money for better equipment and such.

a cash prize sounds nice.

it def a local event with gift cards you are basically getting fre beer,wings and burger once and awhile for a year.

i won't lie if i live close i would enter

Sounds good to me. Badass grand prize, 600 bucks worth of free beer and food over a year is a great first place prize, only 2 bottles are required and the entry fee is only 3 bucks.

Wonder if they're taking any "mail in" entries.

Back