Buying water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CollinsBrew said:
Also, all of his sinks and showers had a nice hew of rust red on them from the heavy amounts of iron in his water which also gave it a very metallic taste. Not to mention, the water is so hard at that point that you don't even feel clean after showering in it.

My In-Laws in North Central Iowa have that same red-rust on ALL of their sinks, toilets, etc. My wife thought she was a strawberry blonde until she went to college. I can't stand the water there. A long time ago, I set precedent by showing up with a few jugs of drinking water for myself. They thought it was really rude of me at first, but now my wife and her brother also drink only bottled water (that their mom buys in advance of our trips).

Showering is disgusting though. I feel slimy coming out. First thing I do when I get home is take a long, hot REAL shower.

Back