Hey there California ( BAY AREA ) People. ((any good supply stores??))

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eepa

Reaction score
This is to find out who is in the bay area and where they shop for their equipment/ingredients. Ok, im from the bay area and have been looking at Home Brew Supply stores near by, and im just wondering if any of you have been to the following stores listed bellow? and if so what do you think of them? would you recommend i buy my stuff from them? how is their customer service? How much equipment/ingredients do they sell? and how much?
Im pretty sure ill try them all eventually i was just wondering what the locals had to say. I normally drive all the way to Seven Bridges in Santa Cruz to get my stuff, i drive from Hollister CA. I like the store it just seems to be a bit of a long drive and im curious to try others.

If any of you have any suggestion or reviews of any specific stores in the area please reply

The stores im currently curious about are:

EZ Home Brewing Supplies, Salinas CA

Beer and WineMakers, San Jose CA

Fermentation Solutions, Campell CA

Portable Potables‎, Santa Cruz CA

Like i said ill probably end up going to all of them, but its always good to hear what others think.

-Eepa

Hello Eepa,
I'm right over the hill in Aptos. I usually order on-line with Beer Making and Home Brewing Supplies | MoreBeer and have had a very good experience over the years, I would highly recommend going that route rather than driving all over. They deliver in a matter of days. I am not familiar with the Salinas stores but I do know that
Portable Potables in S.C. has very limited materials and ingredients. I use 7Bridges (Seven Bridges Cooperative Organic Home Brewing and Home Coffee Roasting) when in a pinch for ingredients because they are local and have good service. There is some limited material because they are only organic but you can usually get what you need. They are also good enough to help me with ingredients for the brewing classes I teach at Cabrillo College. In any event, if your not in a hurry, I would let your computer do the walking and order on-line.

Back