Take a look at my first brew in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3371-IM008028.JPG

There she is, ready for bottling. I'll do that Sunday night after the kids go to bed.

It tastes FANTASTIC, if a little green. Perfectly drinkable though, even though it's un-carbonated and a little hoppy. It's super clear too. I'm very happy.

Can't wait to get it in the bottle, it's going to be great. :D

We had company over last weekend, and I didn't want to feed them all Erdinger, so they got Blue.

We'll call that emergency beer. :D

Decadent Brown Ale! It's another extract kit w/some grains. Similar to the Honey Cream Ale.

I guess I should create a fancy signature like you guys eh?

Kevin K said:
That would be HO as in High Output. Hmm...that would make a great name for a beer!

A "high output" beer would be one that gives you strong beer gas.
I can see it now: "Kevin's High Output Colon-Cleansing Imperial Stout"!

I managed to bottle my first brew last night. It looks EXACTLY like Sleeman Honey Brown. Kind of ironic, seeing as how that's where the bottles came from.

These are going to be a long two weeks!

Yea but being that this is your first one, your going to have to "test" it out every couple days to know when its at it's best ;)

I know, I know. I'm just hoping I can wait at least a week. I had a flat, warm glass of it last night, and it was quite a bit better than it was a few days ago. It's going to be great when carbonated and cold! :D

3371-IM008043Medium.JPG

3371-IM008044Medium.JPG

3 days to carbonate results in beer that is flatter than piss on a plate, but it tastes great.

Will have to work on the willpower thing...:)

Put a few on top of the refrigerator. I find it helps speed things up a bit but really all mine take at least 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back