Made my 2nd batch Saturday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDJ

Reaction score
I made an all-malt Bohemian Pilsener kit from The Beer Nut in SLC, UT. Everything I did wrong with my first batch, I did right this time. I used a stainless kettle instead of Aluminum, I used my new wort chiller, and with the cold water from outside, it chilled in no time flat. I strained it into the fermenter already cooled, and pitched at about 75 degrees. It took about 24 hours to start bubbling, but now it's bubbling away, and I can see a Kreusen forming inside the bucket. All seems well.

*even with all my mistakes on the first batch, I'm enjoying it immensely. Unfortunately I gave away a bunch of it, but still have 12 left. it's not gonna last me six weeks until the new batch is ready however. :( I need to get more bottles so I can stagger the batches!

:mug:

I'm glad it all went well. A good way to accumulate bottles is to do "research" on different types of beer. Of course, though, you cannot research beers that use screwtops;)

Back