Where are you at INDIANA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westfield, only been into it since this spring. 4 brews under my belt, but they're not too shabby, BIAB indoors, induction burner.

Also addicted to the BN.

Indianapolis, IN (Southeast side)

Brewing my 7th batch this weekend. Still doing extract brewing before making the jump.

Not always necessary to make the jump. I do extract, all grain, partial mash. Some of my best beers are extract!

Hammond...Chicago's Newark. I am currently on furlough do to the Refinery workers strike. Got one brew session in and started prepping the basement to move the system inside.

I also made the mistake of moving my 1955 flattop keg fridge into the basement never to be extracted without removing a part of the house.

You're near 18th Street and 3 Floyds. Not a bad situation :)

Nope. Even talked to the owners a few times. Sadly, it helps little with local availability of Zombie Dust in bottles. Even time I am in the area, I swing by and loot at the package purchase entrance to see the familiar sign "No Zombie Dust".

I cannot wait until they are done with the expansion and remodel. Now I just need to find a DD to make the 7 mile drive...

FYI, if anyone ever wants to do a brewery visit and over imbibe, you can crash at my place. Now that I am divorced I do not use my entire second floor so until I have roommate, I have two airbeds and a really full bed up there for when LeMon's racing teams are passing through.

Nope. Even talked to the owners a few times. Sadly, it helps little with local availability of Zombie Dust in bottles. Even time I am in the area, I swing by and loot at the package purchase entrance to see the familiar sign "No Zombie Dust".

I cannot wait until they are done with the expansion and remodel. Now I just need to find a DD to make the 7 mile drive...

FYI, if anyone ever wants to do a brewery visit and over imbibe, you can crash at my place. Now that I am divorced I do not use my entire second floor so until I have roommate, I have two airbeds and a really full bed up there for when LeMon's racing teams are passing through.

Would you be willing to send me some Temporal Purgatory from 18th St?

Would you be willing to send me some Temporal Purgatory from 18th St?

If today's brew session goes well I should be able to go up there today. They list it at only $8/bomber so do you only want one? Have to call to make sure they are open.

PM me with you vitals. If they are not open today, I have to see how the furlough goes as they are trying to get me back on this week.

If there are any folks in/around Muncie who'd be willing to freeze and save spent grains then donate them, let me know. All ya gotta do is put the grains in a large ziplock type bag and throw 'em in the freezer.

We're working on setting up a little idea where we'd use those spent grains, mill them into flour, bake bread with it, then give the bread to a couple homeless shelters/food pantries in town to feed needy families.

You can email me: pmedic1998 at Yahoo or PM me here.

Thanks!

Best,
Jeff

I'm also new to brewing. In the kokomo area and hit as many breweries I can on the weekends. Great brews in Indiana

Lafayette, IN

Just moved here a month ago...not for school though.

So you moved just in time for Winter from what I can only assume is the DEEP south by your signature. Thank goodness it is likely to be a mild one and you are well south of the lake effect snow.

Welcome. I kind of like it here even though I spent a huge part of my life in the south.

So you moved just in time for Winter from what I can only assume is the DEEP south by your signature. Thank goodness it is likely to be a mild one and you are well south of the lake effect snow.

Welcome. I kind of like it here even though I spent a huge part of my life in the south.

I've been in New Hampshire the last 4 years...this will be an easy winter! LOL!

Mishawaka (South Bend) here.

Have you been to Iechyd Da in Elkart? Had them 2 yrs ago at the Microbrewers Fest and really enjoyed their beer. My wife is from Plymouth/Breman area so I'm trying to talk her into going there one night when we go visit her family

Have you been to Iechyd Da in Elkart? Had them 2 yrs ago at the Microbrewers Fest and really enjoyed their beer. My wife is from Plymouth/Breman area so I'm trying to talk her into going there one night when we go visit her family

I was there 3 times last week. Food is as good as the beer. They now have "crowlers" which I think is 32oz can growler. Not sure on size, but they are sealed like a normal can so can ship them. Happy to work something out to mail you some if needed. Curious on your wifes family name as i am also originally from plymouth. PM if you cant get up here for Iechyda

Brunsy, my first brew in the fermenter is a honey lager. Thinking real hard about starting up a couple 1 gallon batches as well. I can see getting hooked on this real easy.

Brunsy, my first brew in the fermenter is a honey lager. Thinking real hard about starting up a couple 1 gallon batches as well. I can see getting hooked on this real easy.

Wow lager for first beer! Way to jump in with both feet! I am sure it will turn put great and then you will be hooked. 1 gallon is a lot if work for the small reward. I would do more and divide up with different yeast, dry hops, or other variables after the boil. This way from one brew you can get some variety with a larger batch if thats what you are looking for. Also you will go through the beer way faster than you are probably expecting.

Northern indiana here but happy to see some new posts in the indiana catagory!

I was there 3 times last week. Food is as good as the beer. They now have "crowlers" which I think is 32oz can growler. Not sure on size, but they are sealed like a normal can so can ship them. Happy to work something out to mail you some if needed. Curious on your wifes family name as i am also originally from plymouth. PM if you cant get up here for Iechyda

Yes, they are 32 ounces. I picked one up in a brewery in Chicago on vacation last year. They take an empty can with no lid, fill it, place the lid, then put it on a forming machine to seal it like any other can.

They are actually really cool and I expect a homebrew version to be available for purchase in the next couple of years.

I've missed a lot. I'm from Elkhart. If you see a bright yellow 74 super beetle at Iechy Da, 18th Street, Burn Em, etc....that's probably me.

I've missed a lot. I'm from Elkhart. If you see a bright yellow 74 super beetle at Iechy Da, 18th Street, Burn Em, etc....that's probably me.

Elkhart! Sweet. I live in Mishawaka and work in Elkhart. If you havent yet, go try Wedgewood brewery in middlebury. Some of the best beer i have had from a nano brewery! Just opened last week. Only have 4 beers on tap and brewing on a 1 barrel system. Currently only have apa and ipa's on tap but they are top notch.

I'm in Goshen. Looking forward to checking out Wedgewood. Love my local Goshen Brewing and Thomas Stieglitz, and Iechyd Da. So many brews!!

Indianapolis here, southeast side and work downtown. Just finished a couple more batches to go along with my 4 batches already in bottles.

Rensselaer.
I'm new to the site and brewing and am looking for some local brewer meet-ups/get-togethers for learnin'. Any help is appreciated.

Rensselaer.
I'm new to the site and brewing and am looking for some local brewer meet-ups/get-togethers for learnin'. Any help is appreciated.

I am a little more than an hour from you in Hammond. I am an experienced brewer (23 years now) but do take a very KISS method to how I do things. If you ever wanted to come up on a Sunday, that is normally when I brew. Warning...must love dogs as I have about 300#'s of fluff bounding around the house.

I have some small equipment I might be willing to donate as well assuming you are likely still in the partial boil, extract phase of the learning curve. A few more I would be willing to sell for not much if you are already wanting to move up the all grain in some fashion.

Back