Cleaning Amount Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamaha81

Reaction score
Can someone help me with how much bleach to water or oxiclean to water to use for cleaning equipment? Thanks!

Thanks for the amount. This will be for my plastic items bucket, racking cane, tubing, bottle filler. Is there a way of getting around the overnight part? It is pretty clean as i rinsed it well after my first use and would like to use them tonight would a few hours work if rinsed well after?

Thanks!

I did some experimentation over the last few batches to see how little Oxi-clean I could use to clean my carboys. I settled on about a tablespoon in a 6.5 gallon carboy full of warm water, left overnight.

Thanks for the amount. This will be for my plastic items bucket, racking cane, tubing, bottle filler. Is there a way of getting around the overnight part? It is pretty clean as i rinsed it well after my first use and would like to use them tonight would a few hours work if rinsed well after?

Thanks!

Well, "clean" is clean. If it's not dirty, you don't have to let it sit in oxiclean overnight. I clean my equipment right after using, so when I go to use it again I just do a quick rinse to get rid of any dust and then sanitize it.

Thanks!

I clean my stuff right after i use it, so an overnight soak never bothers me. if it is relivavley clean, 1-2 hours should be fine.

an overnight soak of my fermenter (AlePail) and the kruzen stuck on the side is gone, no scrubbing needed, just a good rinse.

Thank you very much for your answers. I just joined this forum today but have been reading the threads for about a month my first batch turned out great and my second is ready to bottle hence the question. Thanks again!!

Back