angry ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelgbot

Reaction score
so I recenttly brewed anawsome ipa and they've now been in the bottle for around 4 weeks or so the ones I havnt drank..they were perfectly fine until about a week ago I took a couple for tasting with a buddy of mine who also brews..I popped one up for his him and it went nuts and foam poored all over.. I thought it was just the one but now they r all pissed.. They seem calmer after a few minutes in the fridge.. But it seems like they r on their way to become pretty much live bombs I am franticaly trying to drink the 20 I have left before I have to work tomorrow has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm sure it has but what was the cause of your soon to be bombs..atleast I'm havin a good time I havnt drank this fast in awile haha...cheers!

possibly too much sugar in the bottles, or they were not finished fermenting initially. if you cool them or store them in the fridge, it should keep the yeasties at bay and prevent any bombs.

Makes sense my buddy even mentioned it tasted like it wasn't fully fermented..but I couldn't taste what he was describing..so I guess he wasn't full of crap.. I've put them all in the fridge is it likely too late or should I keep pounding? I'm definitley not poorin em out so I guess I pound these lil buggers r potent to I hope I make it to work lol CHeers

keep them in the fridge, no need to pound them. They should keep if you keep them cold.

Just work on them over the next week.

Back