brew day disaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnoldk2

Reaction score
So my plan was to brew a stout. It is fall and there is nothing better than having a nice stout on cold evenings. I get my ingredients and do my sanitization ritual before I start brewing. I pull my yeast starter from the refrigerator so it can warm up to room temp. Everything is going really good. I hit my mash temps and drain my wort to the boiling kettle. I put my boiling kettle on my burner and turn it on. Something isn't right. My burner doesn't have an intense flame like it normally does. I realize my gas regulator has **** the bed. I tried everything to get my wort to boil. In the end I just burned the wort. I never got it to boil. I had to dump my beer. So sad.

shutupjojo said:
Sucks. Not to late , brew another.

Hopefully this weekend. I ordered another burner and fedex says it will get here on Saturday. I'm hoping it gets here friday so I can finalize brewing plans for Saturday.

You are aware that if the propane tank is opened and the regulator/things down line are open that it goes into a "low flow" saftey mode right??? All the things down line have to be closed before opening the propane valve...

I tried everything. I closed valves in different succession. Nothing worked. Im chalking it up to bad luck and an old burner.

James and Steve at basic brewing radio will be doing a brewing disasters show soon. You should write them. They did one a couple of years ago and it was hilarious.

Latest posts

Back