Will infection Signs transfer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gratefulbread

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a new poster and need an opinion.

Brewed Jamiel's weed,feed,and mow. Everything went well BUT when fermentation finished I was left w/ a nasty looking top that can only be described as "non vanishing, yeasty bubbles". It's like they were stuck in a film. The kreuzen had a real creamy appearance. Looked like Brett, but the beer tasted fine!

I racked over to the secondary and I see no signs of any infection. I dropped in my gelatin finings to clear it up and it looks great.

Soooo, 1.) was the beer infected? And 2.) would the signs show in the secondary?

Thanks so much! And thanks for all of the info you all share.

IF it was infected, you would see signs in your secondary. How did it taste when you racked it to primary?

When I tasted before I racked to the secondary, it tasted ok IMO. It's a cream ale, so it tasted like warm flat Budweiser, but w/ a little more yeast flavor. Still no signs in the secondary. I've just never had one look so bad.

Back