What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pondering opening this bottle of coffee rum. But feel that if I open it here at work I will have to share it. And then the day will drag on. Maybe a Team/Safety meeting is on order for this afternoon.

Good news is once you and the seller have your agreement it is just a matter of suffering through this crap. You'll get there!

Thanks man.. I appreciate it. Its just been such a long time since we signed the first contract, started saving a disgusting amount of money and stopped spending on things we enjoy. It has been the only thing on my mind for months, our neighborhood gets worse every day as summer progresses, and with tomorrow being the day we were expecting to close and not hearing anything...

Just stress. I've already had vivid dreams of enjoying the new place just from looking at pictures of it every day.

Thanks man.. I appreciate it. Its just been such a long time since we signed the first contract, started saving a disgusting amount of money and stopped spending on things we enjoy. It has been the only thing on my mind for months, our neighborhood gets worse every day as summer progresses, and with tomorrow being the day we were expecting to close and not hearing anything...

Just stress. I've already had vivid dreams of enjoying the new place just from looking at pictures of it every day.

Sorry bro, going to suck when you get in there anyway. Like... being a homeowner is terrible. Clogged drains, painting, mowing the yard.

Ugh.

Our buying experience was a bit rocky at first. We had the first house sold out from under us, family friend verbally accepted and then his wife sold it to a friend of theirs so we got ousted. We were discouraged and then we happened upon the house we are in now, things went smooth as we had already gotten the loan and everything.

It worked out, the original house needed a lot of updating. One bathroom was pink, all pink sink, shower, toilet, walls, everything. The other was blue. The house we bought had pretty much been renovated and ended up being in a better neighborhood.

Hang in there, the end result will be worth it.

View attachment 286685
Iced coffee and listening to the Dan Patrick Show. Dream job = being a Danette.

Cliff....happy birthday!

CADJockey.....I'm with you. But a home buying experience is hurry up and wait in my experience. Do a bunch of stuff in one week then wait 3-6 weeks for nothing. Good stuff.

thanks man! im a huge fan of DP... listen everyday.

got an 830 res at dorsia's... great sea urchin ceviche

thanks man! im a huge fan of DP ... listen everyday.

got an 830 res at dorsia's... great sea urchin ceviche

Phrasing!!

52283121.jpg

Drinking sweet tea to wash down my NY Steamer from Firehouse Subs. Stuffed and fat.

I just had one of those on Saturday.

Went with the Pain 100% and I think it was the second hottest hot sauce I've ever had.

Water after a bunch of experimental pints, worth it.

Nice! My kids are now into practicing for ANW so they're all about monkey bars and stuff like that.
My brother designed the play mansion to be like a smaller version of my house, but with a cantalevered balcony. Unfortunately for the Taj, it was mine and my dad's construction skills at work, so not much is level hahaha. My son was like 3 at the time and decided to be the "safety manager," but coincidentally was my beer fetcher. He'd have a 6er lined up and I'd try my hardest to keep up with the beer supply! :drunk:

Well my first construction attempts were less then par. After 20 years one learns, so keep it up. Working compressed shifts allows the time, so I'm fortunate. I've gotten the kids/grandkids involved when their interested. Teaching them skills and working with our kids has so many benefits, it needs another thread.

RIS is going good. It might be 10points high. Will take another reading in 30min. So after finishing another 24ft of the fence, time for a HB stout.

View attachment 1435258011071.jpg

Might take wifes father, army vet, to the naval park this weekend to unwind.
Might just drink until can't feel feelings.
Haven't decided.

Went to Hawaii in 06 to visit son in Navy. Toured the base. First thing I saw was a Japanese submarine docked. He said they always resupply there. My grandmother, RIP, flipped. Both grandpas fought in WWII. Progress..I guess??

Went to Hawaii in 06 to visit son in Navy. Toured the base. First thing I saw was a Japanese submarine docked. He said they always resupply there. My grandmother, RIP, flipped. Both grandpas fought in WWII. Progress..I guess??

U.S.S.jpg

I drive by ours a couple times a week at night, its always lit up. My grandfather used to take me there at least once a week when I was a kid. He was fire control on USS Leyte (aircraft carrier) when he was in the Navy.

Our park has a cruiser, a destroyer and a really cool Gato class submarine.

Could be worse:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nj-family-flees-home-after-threats-watcher-n381796

Good luck, though. What is the hold up? Bank, title company or sellers?

After a few minor hold up's due to ridiculous errors..
ie: The sellers side sent all the original documents to our attorney. Only it was not our attorney, it was some random law office where they sat for weeks before anyone noticed.

Now the sellers attorney states they are not ready to move, because they haven't closed on their purchase yet. Which is not in any contract stating that we should be concerned with their issues. Their attorney/realtor also both take at least three days to answer any question we confront them with.

I just don't get it. I've hit every deadline given to me, they've broken every deadline.

Back