I Need Help/advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
My beer has been in primary (sanke keg) for about 10 days. I had plans on cold crashing it today and racking it into secondary Tuesday.

I came home from work and noticed that my airlock (gallon plastic jug) was empty and the hose was hanging inside dry?!?!?!?

I had about 1/2 gallon of water in it with the blowoff tube. The water was clean but unfortunately it had a LITTLE drop of StarSan in it for sanitary purposes. The gallon container was sitting ontop of the keg. It appeared that fermentation was done.

This is my first AG batch and I think I F'd it up.

What happened and am I screwed?

With the jug sitting on top of the keg, it sounds like it created a back siphon and sucked your sanitizer solution into your fermentor.

I kind of assumed it did create a siphon. Dangit....It took most of it into the keg....Is my beer ruined?

I wouldn't worry about it. Also you should say _fortunately_ it had starsan in it. Not _unfortunately. It will prob be just fine

Cool...the way I look at it now I have a 1/2 gallon more liqiuid! :cross:

Now my ony concern is that the hose was hanging dry (in the container) for atleast 14+ hours...will this be a problem?

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back