It was a very good week...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad coffee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All full on the brew table! 6 carboys full and chugging along.
First Pic:
Back row, L to R:
Irish Red (Thursday)
(dirty) blond (Tuesday)
Natural Apfelwein. (Sep 16th)

Front row:
Crunkelweizen (Today)
ESB (Easy Simple Brew) (Yesterday)
Mott's Cider. (Oct 2)

I'm going away for a week, I'm leaving the yeasties do their work. After I get back, they go into cornys. Well, as soon as I get a CO2 tank.

second pic is the brew area in the basement.

Cheers!
B

6 full.jpg

brew area.jpg

I built the table, all three of us could stand on it, no problem. 2x3 frame and legs, 3/4"mdf top, 1x3 bracing on back and side legs. I wouldn't trust that much brew to just anything!

6 Carboys x 5 Gal x 8 Lbs = 240 lbs which is a lot ,, but i am sure you 3 weight more than that

Here's a pic of the simple brew(l) and the irish red (R)

the Simple is okay. I didn't cold crash, I just racked and carbed. The Red I crashed in a bucket of ice and water for three days. It's not as red as I wanted, but not bad for the first try.

Irish Red:
OG 1.065
FG 1.013
ABV 6.8
Att: 80% WOOT.

E-S-B (easy simple brew)
og 1.043
FG 1.013
ABV 3.9
Att: 70%

e-s-b_DB..jpg

Mr. Badcoffee:

Very impressive collection. Will you rack to secondary or just keg from primary after crash cool?

Also, your basement looks suspiciously like mine. Are you in Brooklyn too?

Everything sat in primary for 4-5 weeks, then straight to keg and force carbed.

I did add gelatin to the esb, not really happy with it, probably won't do it again.
the Irish red and the dirty blonde ale were both crash cooled in a bucket of ice water for 3 days before kegging

yes, I'm in brooklyn!

B

Back