Tap-A-Draft Kit ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch78

Reaction score
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/tap-a-draft-starter-kit.html

There are no reviews for this product online. I would like to keg my creations, but I am not in a position to devote a second refrigerator to it. This product appears to allow me to 'bottle' in three 1.6 liter (4.75 gallons total) that I can chill independently and then tap with CO2 or Nitro cartridges.

I am 100% ignorant on kegging and carbing. I've always just done bottles and priming sugar. I would love to keg-carb so I can make sweeter creations, is this my answer? It's very affordable. There is some jibber jabber on the link that says you have to bottle carb it in the containers, then I don't understand the co2 cartridges. I know jack sh about it. Does the cartridge simply press the beer out of the spigot, or carbonate it?

Please... please please.... tell me why this is a good product or a bad product.

Thanks in advance. :mug:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/tap-a-draft-starter-kit.html

There are no reviews for this product online. I would like to keg my creations, but I am not in a position to devote a second refrigerator to it. This product appears to allow me to 'bottle' in three 1.6 liter (4.75 gallons total) that I can chill independently and then tap with CO2 or Nitro cartridges.

I am 100% ignorant on kegging and carbing. I've always just done bottles and priming sugar. I would love to keg-carb so I can make sweeter creations, is this my answer? It's very affordable. There is some jibber jabber on the link that says you have to bottle carb it in the containers, then I don't understand the co2 cartridges. I know jack sh about it. Does the cartridge simply press the beer out of the spigot, or carbonate it?

Please... please please.... tell me why this is a good product or a bad product.

Thanks in advance. :mug:

I bought one of those several years back and you do need to add the right amount of priming sugar and carb in the plastic bottle (the instructions should tell you the proper amount of priming sugar).

You're correct about the cartridge being used to push the beer out. You can't force carb with those (easily).

Frankly, I only used it for a couple brews and moved to the cornies & kegerator. With bottles, you can avoid pouring the sediment out. With the tap a draft, it seemed like you are always pushing out some sediment. I didn't like it, but YMMV.

You use some priming sugar and co2 cartridges for more carbonation. What I suggest you do is prime it with the same amount of sugar as bottles and let it sit in the big bottle for a few weeks. This will carb up your beer nicely and you can pour 1/2 of it with sugar carbonation. When you will see that it pours slow you can pump 1 cartridge of co2 into it.

Latest posts

Back