Need Recipe -Sue Bee Honey Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbeard5289

Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations Fellow Brewers,

After a few rounds of homebrew, my good friend has asked me if I could make a clone for his all time favorite beer; Sue Bee Honey Ale. He is from the Sioux City, IA area and regularly enjoyed this tasty brew from the Fourth Street Brewing Co back in the day.

Unfortunately I never even heard of this brew prior to our conversation nor have I had the pleasure of tasting this beer so I can't even begin to guess at the ingredients.

The only information I can garner on this brew is from the internet:
Style: GoldenAle/Blonde Ale
Uses Sue Bee Honey (sioux bee honey) hence the name
Brewed/Created at Fourth Street Brewing Co in Sioux City, IA for on-site consumption.
Larry Chase -Head Brewer at Fourth St Brewing Co.
Brewed/Bottled at Schell's Brewing Co. New Ulm, Mn for 1(2?) years for retail Sale.

I sent an email off to Schell's to get any info but have not gotten a response.
I tried to find any information on Fourth St Brewing Co and came up empty. I believe this brewing company is out of business. Of course I could be wrong.

So does anyone have a good clone recipe for Sue Bee Honey Ale?

Any help or information would be great so that I can surprise my friend with a frosty mug of his all time favorite beer.

Thanks
Redbeard5289

Latest posts

Back