2012 Michigan Football Thread- GO BLUE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have moments where I think maybe I'm being overly critical of Denard Robinson. Then again, so far in this game, I don't feel bad at all.

I'm glad the defense has stepped it up to at least keep it close.

Can I get a QB?

Not to be a hater but Denard is the most overrated QB in college history. Period. He is a great RB but he is not a QB. At all.

Well, seeing that a certain game is looming this Saturday, I thought I'd revive this thread.

What does everyone think Michigan's chances are of going down to the cesspool that is Columbus and ruining Urb's and Ohio's run at perfection?

BTW, here is what I'll be drinking on Saturday:

002.jpg

GO BLUE!!!

Oh and one other thing fellow Michigan fans might find humerous, Sparty needs to win @ Minny just to get bowl eligible... :D

Are you guys excited about helping OSU go undefeated?

I don't know what would be funnier. Watching Michigan ruin Ohio's run at an undefeated season or watching Ohio go undefeated in a season where they can't have anything to show for it... :D

If they do happen to win Saturday, maybe Urb can buy the team tats commemorating their meaningless 12-0 season... :mug:

I don't know what would be funnier. Watching Michigan ruin Ohio's run at an undefeated season or watching Ohio go undefeated in a season where they can't have anything to show for it... :D

If they do happen to win Saturday, maybe Urb can buy the team tats commemorating their meaningless 12-0 season... :mug:

BRILLIANT! :mug:

Ohio beating Michigan is NEVER funny. So that's obvious: Michigan ruining their perfect season.

dfc said:
I think you're mistaken. I'm an OSU fan. 12-0 leaves no room for excuses.

No. When we see them next year, they will have more excuses. You are taking all the fun out of this threadjacking! : )

But now that we are a day older, wiser, and more sober, good game. The only reason OSU was able to pull away at all was the buckeye defense made an impressive appearance for the first time all season.

No. Our OC made a predictable turn to putting his offense in a shell...

We had GREAT success of having both Devin and Denard on the field at the same time last week vs. Iowa and, instead of building on that success, he reverted to only having Denard OR Devin on the field at once. Hell, he didn't even have Denard in the game PERIOD in that 4th quarter. Inexcusable if yo ask me?!

No. When we see them next year, they will have more excuses. You are taking all the fun out of this threadjacking! : )

But now that we are a day older, wiser, and more sober, good game. The only reason OSU was able to pull away at all was the buckeye defense made an impressive appearance for the first time all season.

How about that 17-16 win over Michigan State?

As for the fun with threadjacking...

Go urine and blue!

How about that 17-16 win over Michigan State?

As for the fun with threadjacking...

Go urine and blue!

Did you see how bad Moo U's offense was this year? Holding Sparty to 16 points is nothing special...

Our pathetic OC had more to do with our offense disappearing in the 2nd half on Saturday than Ohio's defense... :mad:

I recently read that they were filing for a medical redshirt for Devin Gardner, due to an injury he sustained in (i believe) his freshman year, resulting in very limited playing time, for that year. Had anyone else heard the same, or any update on that? I think after seeing his performance at QB this year, hopes would be high on him having a possible 2 years of eligibility left, instead of just one.

Yes, Michigan did file for a medical redshirt. I think DG played in the first 3 games of his freshman year and then missed the remainder of the year due to injury. There was confusion on the part of the Michigan coaches as to when they could file and they recently were notified they could file anytime which is what they went ahead and did. From what I've heard, there shouldn't be any issue with Devin receiving his medical redshirt. I agree with you in that what we saw from Devin in 4 starts at the end of the season makes me feel pretty good about the QB position. I mean, look at what Devin did in having basically one week of practice to prepare himself to play QB after playing receiver the entire season. Imagine how good he could be with an entire offseason knowing that he will be the starter and can prepare himself that way!

All in all, this shouldn't be all that surprising what we saw from Devin. After all, he was the top rated dual-threat QB in the nation coming out of high school and a top 5 QB overall. Not to mention, I think he fits in better with what Al Borges wants to run offensively. I'm not sold on Al as the OC just yet, but I'm willing to take on the wait and see approach as we move on into the post-Denard era of Michigan football.

Michigan also has a stud QB in next year's class who is more of a pro-style QB in Shane Morris. Many were thinking he might have to come in and start as a true freshman before Devin got the chance to show what he can do. I'm very happy that it appears like this will be Devin's job to lose and let Shane come along slowly and not have the pressure of having to start as a true frosh.

GO BLUE!!!

Btw, how about Michigan hoops!!! Ranked #3 in the nation? John Beilein has brought Michigan Basketball back to relevance!!!

It's GREAT to be a Michigan Wolverine!!!

It'll be great to get an extra year for Gardner, and I agree, he will be even better next year, with some good reps under his belt. I was most impressed with the fact that even though he clearly has the ability to make plays with his feet, his comfort level, and patience in the pocket was outstanding. I was happy that he would move around while keeping his eyes downfield, and only doing the D-Rob tuck and run move, when necessary. I think he's a dual threat, that is very well suited to run the pro style.

With that, I do hope they get some help at reciever in the next year or two. Gardner should be able to keep them in the hunt, leaving Hoke and the staff to recruit some talent. Morris will surely benefit from a year or two behind Gardner. Hopefully by the time he takes the helm, the team will be loaded with weapons. I expect to see the run game improve also, once Hoke has his style of lineman. They've done well with what they've had, but they are still transitioning from the Rich Rod recruiting classes.

I'm down in North Carolina but I'm a Michigan grad. Needless to say, I'd really like to see them take on the SEC and South Carolina on New Years Day. It would be a great start to the year.

Cool to see this thread, I just had to chime in.

Hoke has definitely been focusing on shoring up the middle on both sides of the ball. I love the fact that he is focusing on the trenches to start like what we see the likes of Alabama and LSU doing!

This team had so many damn holes to fill after the Rich Rod debacle that you can't fill every need in one or two recruiting classes. I too would like to see us start landing some high profile skill position players, but I think that will come once potential recruits start to see how our offense evolves with a more pro-style attack. I do think we might have some potentially good recievers on the roster in guys like Darboh and Chesson who were freshmen last year and could step up and make start to make an impact next year. I also look for Devin Funchess to have a big year next season as well.

FUNCHESS!!! OMG! I swear he might just be the next big time tight end in college. He looks like a beast, so far. Hope he keeps progressing.

Hoke has definitely been focusing on shoring up the middle on both sides of the ball. I love the fact that he is focusing on the trenches to start like what we see the likes of Alabama and LSU doing!

This team had so many damn holes to fill after the Rich Rod debacle that you can't fill every need in one or two recruiting classes. I too would like to see us start landing some high profile skill position players, but I think that will come once potential recruits start to see how our offense evolves with a more pro-style attack. I do think we might have some potentially good recievers on the roster in guys like Darboh and Chesson who were freshmen last year and could step up and make start to make an impact next year. I also look for Devin Funchess to have a big year next season as well.

The recruiting class in looking good. I saw we were #2 rated.

Back