White IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops4life

Reaction score
Ok so I'm trying to do somethign "different" for a brew this weekend. Planning on ordering ingredients today.

Basics - part of the hop profile comes from a sale pack at Austin Homebrew, I used some of the hops along with Centenial to get a profile I think will work. Going for a Belgian/White base and then a big dosage of hops. The corriander/Orange are a work in progress I'm not sure on the amounts or timing on those yet so any input will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and sorry for using the link, I tried playing with Formatting and couldn't get it to come over the way I would have liked.

Thanks for any input.

http://hopville.com/recipe/1415697/home-brew/white-ipa

I made a White IPA about two months ago and it was great till I dry hopped it. The dry hops overpowered all the wit flavors. The only suggestions I would make for you would be to swap out citrus fruit zest for the bitter orange peel. I used about 4 or 5 tangerines and a grapefruit. Just go to the store and pick out what smells best. Some camomile works well with this style also.

Back