corny sealing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i have a reconditioned corny keg, sometimes the seal works well, sometimes it does.. i have some keg lube that i tried once, but i think i may have put too much/or not enough on it..

is this the correct way to do it, after filling the keg, i put the O-ring back around the lid, then insert and pull it up as far as possible so it compresses and seals?? if that doesnt' work where is the best spot to put some keg lube?? is it one certain parts of the O-ring or on the metal part where the O-ring sits?

thanks!

I'm still fairly new to the kegging world, but when I have leaks around the lid, its usually a sign that it didn't seat properly. Some of them I have to be careful to make sure the lid is on the same way since it can go on either way. When I've used the seal lubricant, I just get a small dab and run it around the lid o-ring. Seems to solve the problem.

Back