What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
No beer, dairy, or breads and I'd be shedding rage like crazy.

It's tough. What's weird is that I'm craving cheese and a sandwich. The no beer sucks, but I feel a lot lighter on my feet without the bloated feeling that comes from drinking 4+ beers a night.

What's turbofire? This herbal dtox were on has me shredding weight like crazy with no beer, dairy or breads. I've lost 6 lbs in 3 days

One of those crazy lunatic workouts by the same people who do P90X and Insanity. It's like cardio kickboxing.

Also, I've never trusted those detoxes and crash diets. Everything I've read says they don't work and they're terrible for you. But folks seem to swear by them so who knows.

One of those crazy lunatic workouts by the same people who do P90X and Insanity. It's like cardio kickboxing.

Also, I've never trusted those detoxes and crash diets. Everything I've read says they don't work and they're terrible for you. But folks seem to swear by them so who knows.

I think doing a detox on a regular basis can be good for the body. but everything I've read on diets is to stay away from the "quick fix" diets and to exercise (cardio) regularly and avoid heavily processed foods. but at 5'7" & 124, I have no use for dieting.

No beer, dairy, or breads and I'd be shedding rage like crazy.

I just started paleo on monday.... Ive done it in the past with success.... Its basically the caveman diet... if a caveman ate it i can eat it... No bread, grains, sugar.... Lots of meat and vegetables... Google it its worth a read

Now im not religious with the diet - what works for me is to go on paleo full for 2 weeks then introduce my sat night cheat night- where i have a meal of my choosing, usually pizza or burgers or whatever im cravin - and of course a few beers

This has worked for me in the past now i just gotta stock to it

Qhrumphf said:

I also don't usually trust things like this but it's completely herbal. The idea of a good detox with all the crap we ingest from processed foods and such sounds good to me. And I agreed to do it out of support o the wifey. If it gets me eating better then I guess some good will come o it regardless.

Billy-Klubb said:
I think doing a detox on a regular basis can be good for the body. but everything I've read on diets is to stay away from the "quick fix" diets and to exercise (cardio) regularly and avoid heavily processed foods. but at 5'7" & 124, I have no use for dieting.

I agree. I've never been one for "wonder diets" or whatever. Instead I spend 2 hours a day in the gym 4 times a week.

As a result. I'm 6'2" and 238. Losing some of this beer gut will drop me down to 230 ish I'd guess. I'm not doing it to lose weight. Just for the detox

First heady topper. Lets see what this is all about!

image-2238348047.jpg

Having another Prairie Rugby. This has to be one of the best pale ales I've ever tried! I'm definitely going to pick up more tomorrow (called the liquor store and had them reserve me a case). I've got to get some galaxy, and nelson sauvin for a clone. I harvested yeast from the dregs, so I hope it turns out as good as the original...

Decided to splurge on a Stone Imperial Russian Stout. I like most of the flavors. The only thing I do not like so much is the forward alcohol taste. Tastes a bit like it has a shot of shine in it, I like my whiskey neat or on the rocks. Probably will not buy it again.

I also don't usually trust things like this but it's completely herbal. The idea of a good detox with all the crap we ingest from processed foods and such sounds good to me. And I agreed to do it out of support o the wifey. If it gets me eating better then I guess some good will come o it regardless.

I agree. I've never been one for "wonder diets" or whatever. Instead I spend 2 hours a day in the gym 4 times a week.

As a result. I'm 6'2" and 238. Losing some of this beer gut will drop me down to 230 ish I'd guess. I'm not doing it to lose weight. Just for the detox

I'm 5'11 or so, and sitting at about 260 now. Before I switched jobs ~5 years ago and went from actually working to sitting in a car driving around all day I was a fairly beefy and intimidating 200-210 lbs. And the weight's just been going up since (except for when I keep up with the gym), and it shot up a lot when I quit smoking ~5 months ago. If I actually get motivated to work out I can bring it down pretty quickly. 200 lbs again and I"ll be perfectly satisfied. My problem's never really been diet, but I just need more exercise.

Drinking a Serrano Smoked Porter (my other favorite of the bunch) with dinner.

Had a long day at work, but we did get these in the shop this morning!

osCOyK8y6-uCb3GQRh8_u9Rs7TslKwniuM36hGXVJ-A

Trying to think of a way to have fun with them, but it's looking like there's not a lot of fun to be had. They're hard plumbed.

OqFVy3pIqav0RyaYeG_mX9C2Z9Y4aAp20F3q7U_zq0Q

It's been a long day otherwise, so I had to splurge ;) on a few beers. So I picked up a sixer of Yuengling Black and Tan and this...

Enwl2DTLRSNPYpxRQ5JfgvUWX3sxRqbZN18xTBpPsGM

Back to programming! Carry on and drink a few more for me.

Qhrumphf said:
I'm 5'11 or so, and sitting at about 260 now. Before I switched jobs ~5 years ago and went from actually working to sitting in a car driving around all day I was a fairly beefy and intimidating 200-210 lbs. And the weight's just been going up since (except for when I keep up with the gym), and it shot up a lot when I quit smoking ~5 months ago. If I actually get motivated to work out I can bring it down pretty quickly. 200 lbs again and I"ll be perfectly satisfied. My problem's never really been diet, but I just need more exercise.

Drinking a Serrano Smoked Porter (my other favorite of the bunch) with dinner.

Ya. I don't know if beefy is the word I'd use. But I'm pretty solid. Mostly muscle. Except for this gut. And congrats on quitting. I quit about a year ago and gained some weight from that too probably.

DisturbdChemist said:
You dont want to take tips from me lol. Just been so busy I keep forgetting to run. It started after I f'ed up my ankle. I say drink lots of beer to loose weight

Haha. I was joking. I do an hour of cardio at the gym no less then 5 days a week. Burn about 1000 calories each time. I'm gradually slimming down with out sacrificing anything!

MrNickVT said:
Haha. I was joking. I do an hour of cardio at the gym no less then 5 days a week. Burn about 1000 calories each time. I'm gradually slimming down with out sacrificing anything!

I'll get to the hour mark. Right now I can manage about 30 minutes of jogging at a 6 mph pace. Once a week I slow down to 4.5 and go for as long as I can. It's about an hour.

Cleanses are overrated.

Just start eating clean NOW and lift weights. Drink beer in moderation and you'll be fine.

My wife just informed me she's doing some sort of detox thing in the month of August. She told me what it entails diet-wise. It was horrifying!

Carb sample of my hoppy saison. The hops are much more pronounced and the yeast is more subtle now than when I bottled Sunday morning (don't judge me). At 6.8% it drinks really easy and now I'm real anxious for my more traditonally hopped rye saison to finish.

ForumRunner_20130730_195506.png

HellBound said:
I'll get to the hour mark. Right now I can manage about 30 minutes of jogging at a 6 mph pace. Once a week I slow down to 4.5 and go for as long as I can. It's about an hour.

Walking uphill for one hour at 3.5 mph will burn more fat. Jogging at slow paces for long periods of time = biggest-muscle burner of them all.

Drinking water. I've only had one beer today. Maxed out at 265 lbs. today on the bench press (6' 174 lbs.). 325 lbs. parallel squat coming tomorrow. Beer can't stop me.

However, this weekend I will be smashing beers left and right. What else is new?

Remmy said:
Walking uphill for one hour at 3.5 mph will burn more fat. Jogging at slow paces for long periods of time = biggest-muscle burner of them all.

Drinking water. I've only had one beer today. Maxed out at 265 lbs. today on the bench press (6' 174 lbs.). 325 lbs. parallel squat coming tomorrow. Beer can't stop me.

However, this weekend I will be smashing beers left and right. What else is new?

I'm 6' and I was previously 174.......2 years ago. Now I'm up to 214. I never passed 200 in my life until this year. I'd hate to know what I'd be if I didn't have a very physically demanding job. And I'm not the gym type. So the first thing I'll do is what I did when I was 174, better eating habits and limiting drinking to the weekends. So my beer posts in this thread might go down a bit for a while.

ForumRunner_20130730_230845.png

Wicked Weed Rootin Saison. Parsnips and jicama in the mash. Some earthy funk with an, I don't know, earthy flavor. These guys roll pn the "out there" side. Tried a beet beer today that looked all the world like a strawberry soda, but smelled and tasted like a nice hoppy pale.

WesleyS said:
I'm 6' and I was previously 174.......2 years ago. Now I'm up to 214. I never passed 200 in my life until this year. I'd hate to know what I'd be if I didn't have a very physically demanding job. And I'm not the gym type. So the first thing I'll do is what I did when I was 174, better eating habits and limiting drinking to the weekends. So my beer posts in this thread might go down a bit for a while.

Do what you gotta do. I've hammered beer since October. Before that, drank maybe once a week. No noticeable changes in my appearance. My body fat has been around 10% for over a year now. I eat what I want but try to keep it relatively clean during the week. I just workout even harder because I've been consuming a lot of beer lately. Being fat scares me and I'd hate to have a sloppy-looking body. That's what keeps me motivated enough to not go overboard.

Drinking a glass of milk before bed. Already thinking of a Gandhi Bot. Ha ha ha.

Remmy said:

I didn't know that. Makes sense. Thanks.

Back