Budweiswer American Ale Recipe Search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmate76

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm very fond of the new Budweiser American Ale. It has certainly grown on me. I have been looking for a "clone" recipe for this or at least a recipe that would produce something similar.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I found it to be a standard american pale ale that was just a bit sweeter than the average american pale ale, with a little less hop aroma than the average (but still enough to be an american pale). I personally didn't like it enough to try to brew it, but I'll still have one now and again at a bar. Been a few months, though.

With this in mind, I'd find a good sierra nevada pale ale clone and mash it a little higher (155?), and include some more specialty grains (maybe a lot of munich). If you're doing an extract batch, use a lb of carapils to add the body that bud american seems to have vs. snpa. I'd still dry hop it, but probably only .5 oz of hops for 3 or 4 days max. I don't think it's just cascade, but that's an important part. I think there might be some other hop in there as well.

Or you could just do an SNPA clone. Much tastier beer. :)

FYI they use Cascade hops in this beer. Remember that when you are formulating the recipe.

I'd probably do 1oz @ 60 mins and then .25oz at flameout. But I have not ever tried to brew this so, use this only as experimental ideas rather than the exact process.

Hi all,

I'm very fond of the new Budweiser American Ale. It has certainly grown on me. I have been looking for a "clone" recipe for this or at least a recipe that would produce something similar.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's probably best to start by stating your experience and method of your brewing to date before anyone can properly help you.

I haven't had bud american ale, so take this FWIW, but a simple recipe like my East Coast Amber shouldn't be too far off. Maybe use all cascade. Mine is probably a little stronger on flavor from what I hear, so maybe just two hop additions and taylor the gravity to your liking.

Thanks for the info!

The first batch of beer that I made since getting back into the hobby was the Copper Ale from Midwest. It had Cascade and Willamette hops just like the recipe that was shared. I had my first pint on Saturday and it tasted quite a bit like the Bud American Ale. Mine was more smooth, not quite as hoppy, I feel like I could add more hops next time because I like that bitter aftertaste

Latest posts

Back