carbinator cap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
hey guys, just pressurized a soda bottle of kool-aid for the mrs.

are you supposed to leave it connected to the co2 for the night? or just shake it up and leave it be for a while till it chills?

any takes on this?

As the liquid chills, more CO2 will dissolve in the liquid, so it is probably best to keep it hooked up to CO2 as it chills, or recharge the bottle in the fridge every day for a couple of days. At least thats my take on force carbing.

I have a carb cap and I just give it a shot until it is hard, then let it sit in fridge. In the morning it will be soft and I refill. 2 days later = perfect. When you open and recap, make it hard again.

That was way too much flacid/hard talk for the non drunk area......:confused:

Chilling it beforehand is the key. Essentially you could have instant carbed up beverages jsut depending on how long you want to shake it. A 20 oz water bottle could be completely carbed up in minutes. A 2 liter would take longer but as long as you keep the gas on it and shake it, you should hear hissing from the tank as CO2 gets absorbed into the liquid.

If you pre-chill, you can hook it up and shake it until the regulator stops hissing. Almost instant soda.

If you plan to store this for any length of time, I'd also recommend squeezing out any headspace prior to capping. This ensures that there's no other gas besides CO2 in there. Chill it for a couple hours, attach gas, shake for 2 minutes, disconnect.

Back