What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally like Glenmorangie and Johnny Walker Blue.
Both are solid Scotch's! Except the Johnny Walker Blue is a blended scotch. I hold the single malts just a tad higher in prominence over the blends. But I;m not taking anything away from the blends!!

This one has always been the sweet spot for me. I like it better than the 6 and the 10.

image-2031757116.jpg

Both are solid Scotch's! Except the Johnny Walker Blue is a blended scotch. I hold the single malts just a tad higher in prominence over the blends. But I;m not taking anything away from the blends!!

blended, not blended. $200 a bottle, not $200 a bottle. I still like the hell out of it.

Eagle Rare 10y. It's pretty smooth. There were about a dozen other Bourbons I could have purchased, and I probably chose the second-tier stuff, but, for b-squad Bourbon, it's quite tasty.

Anyway, you people were discussing Scotch. I'm partial to Tullibardine 18 or 20. Trouble is, you can't get it in the States anymore. Laphroaig has the most distinct flavor, and it's not for everyday consumption, that's for sure. Balvenie makes a bunch of good Scotches, and I had some Jura (I can't remember which). Enjoyed it. Actually, the only Scotch I don't especially enjoy is Passport. My Rusty Nail Scotch is Black Label, minimum.

I love bourbon, but can't stand scotch. Though, I suppose I would try that 70 year old stuff if someone else had bought it and was offering.
The comments on it were pretty funny.
Check out the one at the top of the picture.

Haha to funny :p

Pretty good,havent had this style in a while but its not real sour. But definatly better than alot of them Ive tried. Nice collaberation,plus SN, had to try it. Think I will finish the bottle.

terra incognita.jpg

I'm sure a Cal Common is a great style, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to brew something that has the word "common" in its name. I must be weird.:drunk:

Water for now. I didn't get to a store to get beer yet. Made it to Tennessee this morning (after driving all night) and ended up falling asleep, before I went. There's a beer or 3 in my near future though (I hear the local pub has a good selection of craft beer)...

NIZZLE said:
I wish I had a glass like that :)

I hear you can get one, if only you lived in Michigan. :D
The beer I'm drinking is the HB I sent you.

After all this talk of scotch.

View attachment 128868

Without looking back to see this talk of scotch... that sounds good.

After a suggestion on a scotch thread on here, new favorite way to drink is to fill the glass with hot water, dump it out, and then pour. Little bit of hot water left makes it all just blossom.

Attachments

• 20130615_215856[1].jpg
    20130615_215856[1].jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 110
I'm sure a Cal Common is a great style, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to brew something that has the word "common" in its name. I must be weird.:drunk:
California Common can be a great style. to dismiss it would be a sin.

After a suggestion on a scotch thread on here, new favorite way to drink is to fill the glass with hot water, dump it out, and then pour. Little bit of hot water left makes it all just blossom.
that it does, bruva!

I'm going to have to try that!

Back