Historic Valentines Day Snowstorm On The Way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Blowin' and Snowin' like crazy here glibbidy. Work looks like it won't be happening for me tomorrow either. Yer gonna have a dandy! Enjoy!

Ize

We've got it right now. It's a good one. Sent us home from work early, it did.

Is it supposed to hit Illinois again tomorrow?

How many babies you think will be born, oh, November 14th or so?

(incidentally, I was born on 11/20 and my brother on 11/18).

Where's Dude? I want his take on this bad boy... the boss has already told me that I am officially an "non-critical person" so I don't have to worry about coming in. Think it'll snow too much to brew? ;)

THAT would show Evan! who has "BALLS!"

the_bird said:
How many babies you think will be born, oh, November 14th or so?

(incidentally, I was born on 11/20 and my brother on 11/18).

Hopefully not many as a result of this storm. In case you forgot, it's nine months from when she finds out, so 10 months total.

Cheesefood said:
Hopefully not many as a result of this storm. In case you forgot, it's nine months from when she finds out, so 10 months total.

I'm going to have to confirm this fact when I get home... SWMBO was fond of saying that pregancies are really ten months in duration, but that's because they like to define a "month" as four weeks.

Cheesefood said:
We've got it right now. It's a good one. Sent us home from work early, it did.

Is it supposed to hit Illinois again tomorrow?

No, but it's supposed to keep snowing for a while and continue blowing like crazy til after midnight. It's gonna take me forever just to dig out. Needless to say, I won't be playing on the Interstate tomorrow. They owe me some time. I'm gonna take it.

Ize

the_bird said:
Where's Dude? I want his take on this bad boy... the boss has already told me that I am officially an "non-critical person" so I don't have to worry about coming in.

Wow...they better not realize their broadband savings from you taking a day off.

So how are you all doing up there? :D

Spent 3 hours digging out my drive that had drifted shut again overnight. Took a 3 hour nap. Woke up to find a plow had been down my street, and didn't block my drive in! Impressive! :rockin:

SWMBO is fixing up some chicken fried steaks, I'm halfway thru my first beer of the day and in spite of most of my body hurting from shoveling, (my FIL's snowblower broke down, THANK GOD I had a path for the car cleared already) I'm feeling pretty good. The Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball is working it's magic. :mug:

Ize

I ended up going into work for four or five hours, then came home and shoveled while listening to the Jamil show. Oh, and I did a lot of work on the grain mill's housing. Need to buy a couple more pieces for that, then start on the hopper.

Back