How can I brew a powerful IIPA with via partial boil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEcted1

Reaction score
Hello,

For my next beer I want to brew a powerful IIPA. By powerful I mean hops, HOPS, HOPS! (sorry, I LOVE hops). The problem is that I can only do partial boils at the moment and we all know good and well that with partial boils you get less hop utilization. Should I...

Do the late malt addition method
Use more hops then normal
both, or another suggestion.

Keep in mind that it's very hard to come up with a beer that is too hoppy for my tastes.

Thanks!

Both

You could always make up a batch of Hop tea to dump into it as well. I'm not much of a hop head though so I'll let someone else explain how to do that.

If you boil hops in water, you get very good utilization. Boil your bittering and half of your flavor hops in two gallons on water the day before you brew. Chill it. Do your partial with the remaining flavor and aroma hops. Add the cold hop tea.

Make an appointment with your dentist to have the enamel on your teeth replaced!

Back