Miller to Buy Grolsch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only bought Grolsch one time.... severely skunked....never bought it again.

Still sad to see yet another brewing company get gobbled up by one of the giants.

Allan

howlinowl said:
Only bought Grolsch one time.... severely skunked....never bought it again.

Still sad to see yet another brewing company get gobbled up by one of the giants.

Allan

It wasn't skunked... that's just how it tastes all the time. Grolsch fits perfectly underneath the Miller/SAB umbrella if you ask me.

Why does any company put beer in anything other than brown bottles? Whenever I've purchased any beer in clear or green bottles, it's invariably skunked. Seems like a waste of time, money and effort to do so. :confused:

Junebug said:
Why does any company put beer in anything other than brown bottles?

I word - MARKETING

Green and clear bottles look different and draw the eye from the sea of brown.

I am really suprised it hadn't already happend, I guess i just figured that Grolsch was already owned by one of the big three, so i never thought to look into it.

As for green bottles, it is really ashame that Hofbrauhaus distributes in green bottels. i have been to the one in Newport Kentucky and I think they produce some wonderful beers. I had their O-fest at the bar and it was great. Bought a sixer of it a few weeks later, Not so much, very skunked.

Cheers

Last I heard is that Busch already bought the Grolsch brand. Here in Oklahoma it is not sold in stores anymore due to our archaic liquor laws requiring it to be 3.0 for regular convenience store sale. So Busch is essentially holding the brand hostage and not even selling to Oklahoma liquor stores since they cannot ship the same product to all stores in OK. At least this is the story I got from 3 different liquor stores here.

Junebug said:
Much to the detriment of their product, unfortunately.

Not that many American beer drinkers notice or even care.

Never had regular Grolsch. I had their Amber ale once, wasn't too bad at all.

Back