• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to trade - Harvest Wyeast 3333 (German Wheat) for empty White Labs vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
Ever since I started harvesting yeast I have more yeast than I can use on my own. I have been rocking Wyeast 3942 (Belgian Wit) for a few batches now, recently collected and reused Wyeast 3711 (French Saison) and have Wyeast 3333 (German Wheat) that I only used for 2 batches. I liked the flavor of Wyeast 3068 (Weihenstephan Wheat) a lot more (more banana flavors) and want to get rid of 3333 and eventually buy 3068 and use that instead.

What I propose is you give me your empty White Labs yeast vials and I will fill one of them up with my 3333 yeast (2nd generation, harvested 2-3 months ago) and ship it to you. I keep my yeast in a big 1 gallon mason jar as well as pint mason jars and use a lot of my fridge space to accomplish that. I want to switch to using vials for storage and need 20+ to get started.

I recently got AHS membership and will be getting a White Labs vial every 2 months and will only have 3 vials that I will purchase on my own with the 6 months of membership. I need help!!!

I don't buy white labs but you can just get the soda bottle blanks if you want

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1367

probably can look around for a better price too.

Thanks I did find other vials for sale on the web, these only hold 60ml of liquid and you need ~100ml of yeast slurry. I was looking at 125ml vials I found on some site but I'd rather try to trade than purchase.

Seems like a cool idea. I only have about 3 empty white labs containers but I'm saving them for my yeast purposes. Good idea though. I'm sure some will do a trade with you.

I might have 10 or so laying around,if your interested.Im not sure on the number but i should have around that maybe more.

Just recently I ended up tossing out all my old white labs vials. I was saving them for some unknown purpose but realized that they were taking up too much space and I wasn't really going to do anything with them

There must have been 30-50 of them in that bag

I'll start saving them again but since I don't get to brew as often as I used to it will be a while before I get a decent quantity again.

That sucks, if you still had them you alone would fullfill my need for vials for a long ass time. I would get some kind of custom made rack for them and keep them on the door side of my kegerator.

That sucks, if you still had them you alone would fullfill my need for vials for a long ass time. I would get some kind of custom made rack for them and keep them on the door side of my kegerator.

I might still have 5-6 in the fridge with saved yeast in them. I'll have to check when I head downstairs later.

What I did for my rack was just to take some pretty rigid foam I had laying around from some packing material and cut holes in them that were about the right size. Worked perfectly

good call on the foam stuff, i still have foam from my kegerator.

fyi - i dont need the labels, i am only interested in using vials for storage.

I just checked and I have 13 or 14 vials in my fridge that have harvested yeast. I need to check to make sure I have cultures of all of those vials and then I can empty them out and send them to you. I pulled off the normal label but never did any soaking to get most of the glue off, I just wrapped them with masking tape to write what is in there.

I've got a bunch of WL sealed vials still that I'll be using in the future so I'll have more eventually. I think I'll be opening 2 or 3 of them in the next few weeks.

I can't do my yeast culturing till my order from cynmar gets in, not sure when it is going to be shipped but I assume it will be here sometime next week.

I just checked and I have 13 or 14 vials in my fridge that have harvested yeast. I need to check to make sure I have cultures of all of those vials and then I can empty them out and send them to you. I pulled off the normal label but never did any soaking to get most of the glue off, I just wrapped them with masking tape to write what is in there.

I've got a bunch of WL sealed vials still that I'll be using in the future so I'll have more eventually. I think I'll be opening 2 or 3 of them in the next few weeks.

I can't do my yeast culturing till my order from cynmar gets in, not sure when it is going to be shipped but I assume it will be here sometime next week.

I dont care about the glue, I am not trying to impress anyone with the vials. I want to get rid of a 1 gallon mason jar from my fridge + 3 pint mason jars that I keep my harvested yeast in.

I just started trying to collect some vials to make grain filled tap handles out of. I don't buy a lot of yeast, I've been reusing for awhile (mostly Safale 04 and 05), but I recently picked a couple of strains I anticipate using fairly often and bought WL vials of them. In the past, I thought, "cool vial", and tossed it in the recycle bin.
I could use a few more vials if the OP gets his fill and someone else cares to send me a couple. Thanks.

Anyone who wants to trade please PM me, a few people expressed interest within the post but no one has contacted me private to actually arrange a trade.

I didnt specify since I didnt know what people would offer. I had 2 people who offered me 10+ and I am trading with them. Someone offered me 2-3 and if I ship one vial with yeast back it would leave me with 1-2 empty ones. You offered 6 which would leave me with 5 so I told you to collect more.

I guess for future reference, I will only trade if you offer 10+ and I dont need the labels, you can remove them and send them to White Labs for free stuff.

Latest posts

Back