Growing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmarvel

Reaction score
I know... not the most specific title on the site...

nevertheless, here's my question. I don't really have anything decent in terms of what to grow my hops on. I went to home depot yesterday and saw that they have pieces of lattice-fence that is about 6.5 - 7 feet tall. I know this is like 1/2 of the optimal height, but I don't want to have some weird looking half-assed tee pee in my back yard. Any suggestions? (I'm also trying to keep this relativelly cheap, emphasis on relatively). :mug:

Strings of course are probably the best. If you go with a lattice, I would make the openings farily big and have the pieces of the lattice be fairly thin. You want the plants to be able to easily wrap itself around whatever it grows on. One disadvantage of a lattice might be harvesting and the cleaning up the plant material after harvest.

You might try finding a lattice just the opposite of above, and then hang some strings in front of it (maybe in a V or several V's per plant) for the plants to grow on. This would give you the visual appeal of the lattice.

Latest posts

Back