Equipment questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewNewbI3

Reaction score
I hope this doesnt make me sound stupid, i saw a guy on youtube, who had poured the wort into a cooler with what looked like pvc pipe in the bottom and then he added hops, what is purpose does the cooler serve in thisd method, what is it called

I have no idea. I have a mashtun with a false bottom, but I don't put wort in it. I put water in it, and wort comes out. I can't imagine a system where you put wort in and then hops. What else was he doing? Or, do you have a link you could post to show us what you mean?

yooper thanks for the help i found out that a mash "TUN" is what i was looking at thank you for your help

yooper thanks for the help i found out that a mash "TUN" is what i was looking at thank you for your help

Ah. Well, a mash tun is an important part of all grain brewing. I like seeing videos, but I like books too for the pictures. I really like this one: http://howtobrew.com/section3/index.html That link starts in the middle, so if you want even more basics, you could start with section 1. I love that book!

The pictures are simple, and the steps are simply explained. That should help quite a bit with the terminology.

Back