I got me some moonshine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby_Brew

Reaction score
I bought a jar (yep, a mason jar) of a Georgia Moon Corn Whiskey at my local liquor store. Now, I've never had moonshine before, so my question is: how do I drink it? It's 80 proof, so should I mix it half-and-half with water? Or some other mixer, i.e. ginger ale, 7 up? should I shoot it straight up or just sip it?
georgia-moon-corn-whiskey.jpg

that's just grain alcohol man, it aint true shine, you gotta make your own shine it's pretty easy. take a sip if ulike it drink it, if not mix it.

who knows mabey the shipping was to high on the letter (J)
I am sure you can relate

i have had that stuff before and its not bad taste alot like many of the shines i have tryed, its not hoochy and you can kinda taste the sweet cornyness of it

It's actually fairly smooth.

Used to get it when I was in grad school, cheap decent whiskey type beverage. Not as harsh as I had expected.

Revy is most certainly correct, PLEASE don't talk about making distilled stuff here. Whole big ugly mess.

Enjoy your erzatz shine and brew some good beer.

Only time I had shine was when I was a kid. Mowing my friends yard with him. He disappeared around the house and went I came around a few minutes later, his dad was sitting with him at the picnic table with some imported Kentucky or Tennessee moonshine. I took a nip and thought it was pretty nasty. Still don't like strong liquor today.

I've thought about making some myself, but I'm having too much fun brewing beer to spend time making something that I would probably never drink.

Back