My latest Light Ale stats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpilot

Reaction score
I have the Raspberry Ale in the carboy now, pitched 11g of rehydrated Nottingham at about 2:30pm and had airlock activity by 8:30pm the same day. Looks light, REALLY light, below are the stats.

7 lbs of Maris Otter
Mashed at 150F for an hour
Mashout at 170F for 15 minutes
Sparge water was 170F
Initial runoff was 1.053
Final Runoff was 1.011
Total Runoff was 6.2 gallons @ 1.032

Boiled for 70 minutes
.5 oz Fuggles pellets @ 60 min
1 tsp. Irish moss @ 15 min
1 oz Fuggles pellets @ 0 min

Final gravity was 1.042 @ 68F with 5.25 gallons

Rehydrated 11g of Nottingham by Danstar in 88F water for 15 min. Infused with .5 oz of cooled wort at 5 minute intervals thereafter (4x). Pitched yeast at 68F with airlock activity beginning within 6 hours.

Next step, a week or so from now I am going to transfer into the secondary onto 2 lbs of pateurized raspberry mush! MMMMM

Brewpilot

I also used this recipe from our forum here to make a loaf of bread from spent grains... OMG it is amazing!! You have to try this after your next brew, it is simple and fast, it can rise while you are cleaning up!

125g spent grains
250g bread flour
155ml (=g) warm water
1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/4 tsp salt

mix the ingredients together and kneed well for about 10min.
I Let rest (proof) for about an hour or until doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 400F
Place on floured work space and flatten using our knuckles. This will even out the bubbles and remove the overly large ones. Fold over onto itself 4 times and let sit covered for 10 min.
Shape a loaf and let proof for another 30 min.
With a sharp knife, or a razor blade, cut shallow slits into the top of the loaf.
Now place in the oven. This works best on a pizza stone. While in the oven spray the sides of the oven with water every 5 min for the first 25min. This will develop steam which helps the crust formation. Bake until golden brown (35 min).

Back