Electrical Question:Wiring What gauge/breaker.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
I'm going to run a dedicated line for 2 kegerators next to each other. They are small fridges. But i want a seperate breaker.

So with that being said, what size breaker should i put them on and what gauge wire?

I figure standard wires would be fine since that's all that will be on there. 2 small fridges(larger than a college fridge and smaller than a standard one. they were free)

Thanks!

12 AWG with a 20 amp breaker will do yah just fine.

Might be able to get away with 14awg and a 15 amp breaker but 12awg doesnt cost that much more.

A quick internet search turns up values of 300-700 watts for refrigerator power reqiurements. I also found values of 6-10 amps for compressor start-up current draw. A mini-fridge is probably on the low end of both scales, so you could probably get away with a 15 amp circuit and 14 gauge wire. However, the additional cost is pretty minimal to upgrade to a 20 amp circuit with 12 gauge wire.

EDIT: CodeRage beat me to the same conclusion.

Back