What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live oak berliner weiss. Me no likely. First beer from them. There is that strange cereal flavor i get in my sour that fades. I do not like that flavor

Is it pretty strong in that one?

How was this? It sounds awesome.

Pretty damn good. I love Avery's barrel/sour stuff. Can't go wrong with any of them. I couldn't really taste the ginger at first, but as it warmed it started to come through. Aftertaste is ginger and tart lime juice. Very good beer.

Is it pretty strong in that one?

Pretty damn good. I love Avery's barrel/sour stuff. Can't go wrong with any of them. I couldn't really taste the ginger at first, but as it warmed it started to come through. Aftertaste is ginger and tart lime juice. Very good beer.

I will add that to my ISO list.

my local bottle shop (I can it that now) is almost sold out of Pentagram and just got in Rochefort 6 & 8, Big Foot, Coffee Bender, Finch's Nuclear Winter & Secret Stout (?), and a few others I can't recall at the moment. having a Nuclear Winter.

Hmmm...I did not know that was retired.

Not real excited that I have a bottle left.

This one is from September 2013. Sweet, oxidation starting to set in. No yeast character whatsoever. Nothing. This could've been fermented with US05 with how it tastes. And certainly no trace of Brett at all. No sure if bad bottle, batch or what, but this is not good. I never dump beer, but this one might clean the drain.

This one is from September 2013. Sweet, oxidation starting to set in. No yeast character whatsoever. Nothing. This could've been fermented with US05 with how it tastes. And certainly no trace of Brett at all. No sure if bad bottle, batch or what, but this is not good. I never dump beer, but this one might clean the drain.

Mine is from 2014, I better get on that bottle.

Hahaha...take that, Wes.

Was meant to say "kitty cat".

I love you too

Mine is from 2014, I better get on that bottle.

Hopefully this was just a bad bottle/batch or maybe my fall this morning knocked something loose in the beer tasting part of my brain and yours will taste fine. But I can't taste any Belgian yeast character at all in this. Pretty disappointing.

Who said its retired? They might just mean it's retired from bruery, because I think it's just getting rebranded to Bruery Terruex.

I didn't get specific, but yeah, it's rebranded and has a different label now. Hopefully different recipe, too.

Back