A Warm Thanks..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonStigler

Reaction score
To all the people who regularly answer the same newbie questions in this sub-forum, Revvy, Yooper, etc, Thank You!

I just had a bottle of my very first home brew and it was very good, a brewer's best oktoberfest--2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 1 week bottled.
The knowledge you guys so easily share is invaluable to us, and I for one am very grateful!
Cheers,
Brian

I've been here a long time, and got the same support from senior members and still do. Now that I've got some time brewing, it feels great when I can provide the same service.

To the senior members, Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words- I appreciate that.

Many people still answer my questions all the time, since it seems like I'm always trying to learn something new. I would have NEVER brewed all-grain, stuck with it this long, or started with kegging without HBT.

Therefore, you all owe me $10,000 for the money I've spent on brewing over the last several years!

Seriously, one of these days someone will ask a question and you'll be able to post an answer because you know what to say. As much as I yabber now, I rarely posted the first 5 or 6 months, because I didn't have much in the way of answers (only what I thought might be "dumb questions"). It was a great feeling to be able to answer another person's questions- because I could honestly say, "That happened to me, too, and here's what I did about it."

Again, thanks for the nice words! :mug:

Thanks VonStigler!!!

Actually it is a rush to get to a thread and find one of the people who I know I helped awhile ago answering the same question I answered for them.

I also came upon a couple posts were people said something like..."You know what Revvy Says..." I feel so sage like or something.

It's nice NOT to have to answer a question now and again...to look at a thread...and go.."Nothing I could say that didn't already get said..."

The way I figure it, we're all one batch ahead of someone, and one batch behind someone....we should still be learning something new on here everyday (I know I do) and help at least one person every day...

It's nice NOT to have to answer a question now and again...to look at a thread...and go.."Nothing I could say that didn't already get said..."

Yeah, right. You'll say something anyway and you know it, mister 11,000 posts!

:D

Thanks VonStigler! We'll expect payment in the form of homebrew anytime now.:)

:D

Thanks VonStigler! We'll expect payment in the form of homebrew anytime now.:)[/QUOTE]
PM with your address and you will have a HB courtesy of me!

Here-here. Cheers to all the people who answer all our questions. I also want to thank everyone for everything!

There should probably just be a thank you thread for everyone express their apprecitation

I just had a bottle of my very first home brew and it was very good, a brewer's best oktoberfest--2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 1 week bottled.

+1 on the thanks! I know what you mean.. Im excited now because I actually bottled the same batch yesterday. This gives me hope that'll it'll turn out great!

+1 naw +100:mug: Yeah thanks guys. I followed everyone's advice on waiting to drink that first beer and man I'm glad I did. Cracked my 1st home brew this weekend while bottling a3rd batch and making one one. Primary 2 weeks secondary 2 weeks and 2 weeks in the bottle, man that was hell waiting that long. But during that time I increased my bottle collection too were I can have 3-4 batches bottled.

Thank you Gnome for.... not......... posting.......... or something like that. :drunk:

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I have been thinking the exact same thing about the tireless efforts of some of the usuals here; continuing to answer the same old questions, time after time.
I didn't realize how common some of these questions are until I sat and read through how many keep coming up.

I have had a very bumping and long learning curve and it hasn't been until my last batch or two that I finally "got it". Almost all the the reason is for this site and it's members who made it clear on how to REALLY brew!!!

Thank you guys for your time and effort! :mug:

Back